Disgraceful MOTD coverage

I seem to have had a different reply to those already posted. We must be keeping the beeb busy and they have had to get extra staff in!!

Thanks for contacting us regarding ‘Match of the Day’ broadcast on 24 September 2011.

I understand that you were unhappy with Hanson’s comments about Kompany.

It's in the nature of commentating and punditry that contributors are expected to provide their personal view on the action and events surrounding the sport they're watching. All we can expect of them is a fair assessment based on their knowledge and experience. We do however employ different commentators, pundits and sports reporters to provide as wide a range of views as we can.

I appreciate the severity of your concerns and I’d like to assure you that I’ve registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

The logs are also published on the BBC's intranet site, so are available for all BBC staff to view. All feedback we receive, whether positive or negative is always appreciated. We're committed to developing better links with you, our audience, to further enhance our understanding of your viewing and listening needs.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Marie-Therese Gibson

BBC Complaints

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bbc.co.uk/complaints</a>

BBC reply to email i sent re motd analasys v everton

i dont post very often but felt this gem needed sharing.....

Dear mr wright

Thank you for contacting us.

There was no bias against Manchester City in our coverage on the 24 September edition of Match of the Day and we’re sorry if you disagree.

There was an incident in which the referee felt that Tim Cahill had fouled Vincent Kompany - who saw it once from a certain angle. Cahill was injured, but received a yellow card. David Moyes disagreed with this assessment, and on viewing the incident with the benefit of slow-motion footage from various angles, the honest assessment of our ex-professional panellists was that Kompany was more sinning than sinned against.

We always call the game as we see it and we acknowledge that not all fans will agree on this.

We’d like to assure you we've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is an internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily and is available for viewing by all our staff. This includes all programme makers and presenters, along with our senior management. It ensures that your points, along with all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bbc.co.uk/complaints</a>

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

Re: BBC reply to email i sent re motd analasys v everton

You got the same generic answer as a myriad of other posters. Check the Disgraceful MOTD coverage thread.

If anyone wants to see spanish dave repeatedly getting kicked 10ft in the air, the clips deemed un-newsworthy by the bbc are on a video feature on yahoo eurosport. I dont have a link, im on me dog and bone atm.

Re: BBC reply to email i sent re motd analasys v everton

I wouldn't bother sending letters cos you just get slagged off for it by a minority of twats on here. They think slagging off our club and staff is far better than sticking up for our club like you are trying to do.

Good on ya.

In your complaint, did any of you specifically not mention the Cahill/ Kompany incident and concentrated on other matters, for example the hatchet job on Silva or the elbow, and then after this received the same cut & paste reply?

The BBC seem to have turned this into it being all about this one challenge and Hansen's analysis of it. For me it's more about the parts of the game that they didn't show.

Carver said:
In your complaint, did any of you specifically not mention the Cahill/ Kompany incident and concentrated on other matters, for example the hatchet job on Silva or the elbow, and then after this received the same cut & paste reply?

The BBC seem to have turned this into it being all about this one challenge and Hansen's analysis of it. For me it's more about the parts of the game that they didn't show.

absolutely. also moyes' attitude and action in sending his team out to try and "do" us - then squealing like a stuck pig when ikkle timmy hurt his poor ikkle ankle-wankle committing a cynical, two footed lunge that was quite rightly rewarded with a yellow card.

wanker

Yes mate,

In my initial complaint I focused on the hatchet job that Moyes had planned on Silva.

And I asked why any good football (of which there was plenty) was dismissed and not shown, Silva's pass for Milner particularly.

I know I'm wasting my time but its making me feel better releasing some bile. I think I may continue complaining until I get an apology from Hansen himself, than I'll I call him a twat personally!! Mrs Carstairs is working nights so I've got nowt better to do in the evenings ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.