Disgraceful press attacks on our owners, unbelievable

shlooney said:
They deserve both barrells.

I would like a fan revolt to send the Sheik back to the deserts and Gary Cook back eating hot dogs but i don't hold out much hope. Most of our fans, including most of you lot, are blinded by the promise of all this money. You can stick it as far as i'm concerned.

'Manchester thanks the Sheik'. Embarrassing. Barely recognise our club any more

Bye bye, don't bother keeping in touch!

The britsh media was always gonna go into complete meltdown when hughes got the sack.

All we can do is get on with supporting the club we all love, without taking the medias baits!

Ruthless Arab owners still rank among the best

Oliver Kay

In the space of 48 hours, Manchester City’s Arab owners have, apparently, gone from the best in the business to the worst. Of this morning’s headlines, take your pick from “Cowards”, “Men With No Class” and “Desert Rats”.

It is quite a turnaround, but it is the type of reaction you invite when you sack a dignified man such as Mark Hughes in such an unedifying manner. Truly, the handling of his departure – not only the decision to get rid of him but the way he was marooned on the touchline on Saturday afternoon with the club announcing that they would be making on a statement later that evening, with Roberto Mancini already booked into a Manchester hotel – was appalling.

Instinctively, I also have certain reservations about the appointment of Mancini. Is he, a man who has been out of work for 18 months and has never worked in England (save for a forgettable four-match spell on loan to Leicester City in 2001) the man to fulfil the ambitions and the grandiose visions laid out in Abu Dhabi?
While I do not doubt his ability or his pedigree, that lack of experience in England makes the appointment of Mancini, midway through a Premier League season, a gamble, rather than a guaranteed improvement on Hughes.

None of this is the type of reaction that Sheikh Mansour, the City owner, and the club’s numerous executives had in mind when they took the decision to replace Hughes with Mancini – a three-time Scudetto winner with Inter Milan, a “champion of class” as he modestly describes himself.

Class? That was supposed to be something the new regime at City, from Sheikh Mansour down, had in abundance. It has been conspicuously lacking over the past 48 hours, so it will be interesting to see which of those executives puts his head above the parapet at this evening’s press conference and how he explains the whole sorry saga.

I have lost plenty of respect for the new City regime aover their handling of Hughes’s departure, but, for what it is worth, I still believe they have a greater feel and a greater affection for their club than their counterparts at numerous other clubs – Liverpool and Manchester United to name but two, never mind the succession of jokers they have had at Portsmouth.

Whatever your thoughts on Hughes’s departure, the club’s owners had, until Saturday, brought nothing but happiness and optimism to Eastlands. These things never get a mention, but they have worked extensively with supporters groups and with their own staff to build a kind of feelgood factor that would be alien to the Roman Abramovich regime at Chelsea. Indeed, there are plenty of City fans – and I don’t agree with them – who believe the replacement of Hughes with Mancini is a source for even greater optimism.

I have serious reservations about the change of manager and about whether it was the right thing to do, even before the discussion turns to the handling of the matter. But, as much as their reputations have been tarnished, as much as they have lacked class in their handling of Hughes’s departure, City’s owners remain the envy of most Premier League clubs. Would I want them in charge of my club? I am afraid I would

The way in which we're being ripped to bits as a club over this is utterly disgraceful. Whether you agree with what has happened or not as a Manchester City supporter no one can surely think this is a measured approach! The gutter press had been waiting for this since we got took over and are now going nuts over what we've done. The way in which we've been slagged off has blown me away and this includes our so called local paper the Manchester Evening News. Sky sports news is nothing more than tabloid tv nowadays but I'm disgussed at how they are reporting the story! If only the BBC had a sports channel as at least then we'd get a balanced report. They can't wait the put the boot in at every turn and it's shocking to see as a City supporter.

My thoughts are this, we as supporters have to come together and move on and forward because this club should never be treated like it is being by the media. I can accept anyone knocking us including the mirror but I'm proud to support this club and to see us getting this kind of treatment is very hard to take. Come on boys let's keep together over this now.

I for one am hoping we kick on finish in the champions league and then I will sit back and watch the gutter press and tabloid tv say that we was correct in what we did. I'd love it.....!!

i think we saw the appalling behaviour of some of the press at the conference........

ignorant some of them and i agree with the OP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.