Dispelling the 'extra Stoke Tickets' myth

el bee said:
Just a thought - are these "FA family with team affiliation" seats adjacent to the opposing fans on the "long side"?
Could be this is a way providing safe segregation without reducing the total capacity too much?
i.e. keeping the opposing "hard core" fans away from each other by installing a few rows of semi neutral fans in between the warring factions without the need for a whole block of netting?

Could be right.

Eons blocks are either side of the segregation opposite the tunnel.

Few hardcore scattered amongst the eon winners but it was a lot more passive than the rest of the stands.

Miltonstokie said:
From the FSF

I can tell you exactly the reason for this.

Leaving aside the middle tier, there is no neutral area. Everywhere is either Stoke or Man City and the areas are equal in size. The so-called football family have to claim their entitlement and request in which area they want their tickets and unused allocations are given to the competing clubs.

If there is a less than 100% take-up of these allocations and if there is a bigger take-up for one club than the other, then the “smaller” club will inevitably get more “extra” tickets. Man City haven’t got any extra tickets because the take-up for the Man City areas from the football family is near 100%, but is less for the Stoke areas (this is not particularly surprising, given that, whether we like to admit it or not, Man City have both a higher profile and a bigger fan base)
So, in reality it evens out, because there are more Man City “supporters” in the “football family” areas. However, because they have got these tickets because they are either involved with one of the football family organisations or know someone who is, not through the Man City priority scheme, many of them may just be people with an affiliation to Man City, or people who don’t support either team but have a preference for sitting in the Man City area rather than the Stoke City area. As a result, we will have a higher proportion of more regular fans.

if you read this properly you will see why the tickets went to stoke and not us
its just unfortunate that the football family chose to take more of our tickets than stokes ,

Could it be that the demand by the "family" for tickets in the Man City end is less to do with there being more Man City fans in the "family", more that the re-sale value of seats in our end will be greater?

BringBackSwales said:
2 points here (1) our fans will have had to pay upwards of £300 to get their tickets, sjoke are getting them at face value (2) does this not mean that the City fans who have paid £300+ to get tickets in the east stand club wembley area are now likely to be stuck amongst a mob of 2300 sjoke fans? Not very nice for them is it?

I maybe wrong here but I didn't think the seats given back to Stoke are anything to do with the Club Wembley seats. The club wembley seats will be a mixture of CIty, Stoke and neutral all over the ground as far as I can see, hopefully with an emphasis on City.

I know someone sitting in the "football family" seats and they AREN'T club wembley seats, in fact they're right by the touchline.

graham1312 said:
Miltonstokie said:
From the FSF

I can tell you exactly the reason for this.

Leaving aside the middle tier, there is no neutral area. Everywhere is either Stoke or Man City and the areas are equal in size. The so-called football family have to claim their entitlement and request in which area they want their tickets and unused allocations are given to the competing clubs.

If there is a less than 100% take-up of these allocations and if there is a bigger take-up for one club than the other, then the “smaller” club will inevitably get more “extra” tickets. Man City haven’t got any extra tickets because the take-up for the Man City areas from the football family is near 100%, but is less for the Stoke areas (this is not particularly surprising, given that, whether we like to admit it or not, Man City have both a higher profile and a bigger fan base)
So, in reality it evens out, because there are more Man City “supporters” in the “football family” areas. However, because they have got these tickets because they are either involved with one of the football family organisations or know someone who is, not through the Man City priority scheme, many of them may just be people with an affiliation to Man City, or people who don’t support either team but have a preference for sitting in the Man City area rather than the Stoke City area. As a result, we will have a higher proportion of more regular fans.

if you read this properly you will see why the tickets went to stoke and not us
its just unfortunate that the football family chose to take more of our tickets than stokes ,

nail on head at last someone who understands how it works.

Maybe this might help explain a littele better for those with understanding issues <a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1420092_fa-cup-fury-manchester-city-fans-fume-as-stoke-handed-over-2000-extra-final-tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... al-tickets</a>

graham1312 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Bullshit, they've got 2300 on top of their quota, we haven't. No myth

obviously you dont understand what happened so i will try make it simple
the fa offer a certain ammount of tickets to what they call the fa family this is made up of grass root football fas these tickets are for both ends of the ground and the grass roots then inform the fa how many of each tickets they require obvioslt the demand for city was a lot higher than for stoke which resulted i 3200 stoke tickets not being required so the fa the reallocated these tickets to stoke so in reality they did get these on top of their quota but only because no one from thr football family wanted them

-- Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 pm --

i allso need spelling lessons lol

Right so if Stoke had them then 3200 more real fans would be able to go instead of which they will send 3200 extra Stoke plastics/ kids/ wives whatever

City would have sent 3200 extra ST holders full stop. Real fans.

Instead we've got some 'football family' plastics that don't go to City but have a slight preference for City as they get a ticket to a final that they don't deserve

The FA is a joke. Shirly the FA could organise some meaningless exhibition game that all the FA hangers on, cronies and happy clappers could attend if they really must. Some would consider this to be the Charity Shield. The FA Cup matters to supporters and the split should be 40/40/20 absolute worst case in favour of the supporters. Club wembley my fucking arse. Wembley SF's my arse. Wembley as a location for a national stadium my arse and making northerners in all northern games traipse down to that dump my fucking arse.

bennyblue said:
Maybe this might help explain a littele better for those with understanding issues <a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1420092_fa-cup-fury-manchester-city-fans-fume-as-stoke-handed-over-2000-extra-final-tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... al-tickets</a>

Yes it does thank you and what it also means is that the FA allocation to the so called family is bollocks at they dont even want them. I would also except at least 10,000 of these FA tickets to end up on the black market ripping off City fans and then having City fans in the Stoke end anyway

Remember Stoke is only a small town in port vale

Balti said:
graham1312 said:
obviously you dont understand what happened so i will try make it simple
the fa offer a certain ammount of tickets to what they call the fa family this is made up of grass root football fas these tickets are for both ends of the ground and the grass roots then inform the fa how many of each tickets they require obvioslt the demand for city was a lot higher than for stoke which resulted i 3200 stoke tickets not being required so the fa the reallocated these tickets to stoke so in reality they did get these on top of their quota but only because no one from thr football family wanted them

-- Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 pm --

i allso need spelling lessons lol

Right so if Stoke had them then 3200 more real fans would be able to go instead of which they will send 3200 extra Stoke plastics/ kids/ wives whatever

City would have sent 3200 extra ST holders full stop. Real fans.

Instead we've got some 'football family' plastics that don't go to City but have a slight preference for City as they get a ticket to a final that they don't deserve

The FA is a joke. Shirly the FA could organise some meaningless exhibition game that all the FA hangers on, cronies and happy clappers could attend if they really must. Some would consider this to be the Charity Shield. The FA Cup matters to supporters and the split should be 40/40/20 absolute worst case in favour of the supporters. Club wembley my fucking arse. Wembley SF's my arse. Wembley as a location for a national stadium my arse and making northerners in all northern games traipse down to that dump my fucking arse.

i totally agree balti its the fas fuck up the charity shield should be for the neautrals day out , so maybe if we do win the fa cup , we could then boycott the charity shield on mass and tell the fa to either give our tickets to the fa family or shove them where the sun does not shine

Amen Brother!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.