Disproving Christianity?

tonea2003 said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
You can't prove it isn't real, so go believe what you want and stop having a go at others cos you can't accept their views.

show me where i have had a go? if asking a is having a go then there is some touchy people on here

Nope.

i'll get in before elanjo, i don't go round saying god doesn't exist but meerly ask that those that do provide me with the proof that he does.

noone yet has
i agree you need something to believe in but in something that is real
if science one day finds the proof and i can get to he/she/it
believe me me i will be having words

i don't go round saying god doesn't exist but meerly ask that those that do provide me with the proof that he does.
noone yet has

That is exactly what you're doing. You know full well we can't prove it, that it's a belief, and on that basis you're saying that he doesn't.

Again, you're having a dig because you're saying he isn't real, that he doesn't exist, which being hypocrite you denied earlier in the post. So, not being touchy, just telling you to pack it in, because people believe in all sorts of things, they don't need the proof, it's a BELIEF. Deal with it.

I thought has occured to me - do the people who do not believe in God think that those who do beleive in God harbour some kind of secret proof which makes them believe? Is this why there is a constant search for proof why we believe?

If so, i can advise - we do not have any secret proof that God exists. We believe because we have Faith.

Wiki;
Faith is the confident belief of a person, idea, or thing. Faith is a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence."

bluemoonchick said:
tonea2003 said:
i'll get in before elanjo, i don't go round saying god doesn't exist but meerly ask that those that do provide me with the proof that he does.

noone yet has

why does something have to be real for you to beleive in it?

so you think it ok to believe in something that is not real?

mackenzie said:
bluemoonchick said:
Exactly, hence why i won't beleive a word the Catholic Church preaches. For centuries they have put their own spin on the Bible stories to suit themselves.

My Gran was the first of our family that stopped going to Mass, back in the 1960's. Some Priest came round to her house (uninvited) and tried to tell her that her Daughter (my Mum) should go back to her errant Husband at ONCE. My Gran threw him out of her house.

Some of the family still go to Mass (mainly my Aunt) but we agree to disagree.

My point exactly, what kind of life are these priests trying to promote?

Well done to your Mum and your Gran. Strong women.

tonea2003 said:
bluemoonchick said:
why does something have to be real for you to beleive in it?

Yes i do, as long as you are not causing any harm to others.

I'm gonna make myself sound like a weirdo now but i have a 'thing' for Vampires. (not very catholic, i know). I love the concept of what they are, it excites me, i want to have sex with one and i want to become one. I enjoy reading vampire romance books and watching vampire films. Anything from soft films like Twilight to stronger stuff like Blade. It fascinates me. But vampires are not real. Does that mean i cant believe in them? That i cant take enjoyment from reading about them? And are we sure they are not real? There have been stories about vampires for centuries so the stories must have come from somewhere. Has anyone got proof they don't exist?

On another point - have you anti-god people got any idea of the worldwide mass hysteria that would happen as a result of proving God does not exist? There are millions of "do-gooders" around the world who believe in God and do "God's work", they work for charities to help others, they take food to 3rd world countries because they are taught to help one another. They avoid crime because its a sin.

If you prove God doesnt exist there would be worldwide panic. Is that something you are trying to encourage?

ElanJo said:
As demonstrated by your previous post in this thread, you didn't even understand the structure of the argument so you thinking that it was a loaded OP is baseless. I asked for refutations and only Damocles has attempted to but I can only presume that, since he didn't follow up on it, he was satisfied with my answer. My argument is genuine.

You and levets can continue insulting me but that won't refute the argument (which I'd be perfectly fine with having successfully refuted - it's not a massive deal, I just think that it is quite compelling).

You are right in that I didn't quite understand your original argument. I found it clumsy and ill thought out. For example you assert that 'God is a dictator' as a matter of fact, but it isn't a fact is it? That's your opinion. And if, as you are keen to prove, God doesn't in fact exist, then how can he/she be a dictator?

I chose not to take you up on your original argument, because it isn't one that be 'won' either way. I can't prove God exists any more than you can prove he does not.

And I don't believe I've insulted you?

TheLegendOfBerti said:
tonea2003 said:
show me where i have had a go? if asking a is having a go then there is some touchy people on here

Nope.

noone yet has

i don't go round saying god doesn't exist but meerly ask that those that do provide me with the proof that he does.
noone yet has

That is exactly what you're doing. You know full well we can't prove it, that it's a belief, and on that basis you're saying that he doesn't.

Again, you're having a dig because you're saying he isn't real, that he doesn't exist, which being hypocrite you denied earlier in the post. So, not being touchy, just telling you to pack it in, because people believe in all sorts of things, they don't need the proof, it's a BELIEF. Deal with it.

one thing you wont do is tell me to pack anything in, lets get that straight.
i concede by inference that i find it unlikely of a gods existance on available evidence
but i am willing to be proved otherwise
if someone can provide the proof
what i find hard is to believe with no proof you wouldn't do it with anything else why this?

bluemoonchick said:
tonea2003 said:

Yes i do, as long as you are not causing any harm to others.

I'm gonna make myself sound like a weirdo now but i have a 'thing' for Vampires. (not very catholic, i know). I love the concept of what they are, it excites me, i want to have sex with one and i want to become one. I enjoy reading vampire romance books and watching vampire films. Anything from soft films like Twilight to stronger stuff like Blade. It fascinates me. But vampires are not real. Does that mean i cant believe in them? That i cant take enjoyment from reading about them? And are we sure they are not real? There have been stories about vampires for centuries so the stories must have come from somewhere. Has anyone got proof they don't exist?

On another point - have you anti-god people got any idea of the worldwide mass hysteria that would happen as a result of proving God does not exist? There are millions of "do-gooders" around the world who believe in God and do "God's work", they work for charities to help others, they take food to 3rd world countries because they are taught to help one another. They avoid crime because its a sin.

If you prove God doesnt exist there would be worldwide panic. Is that something you are trying to encourage?

My sister wanted a vampire for Christmas. LOL!!

She's a bit mixed up mentally (drugs) but doing better these days after three years sectioned. She saw some films and got an obsession.

Not a reflection on you though.

Just wanted to say how you seem to have a kindred spirit out there. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.