Distinct lack of goalscoring chances?

I'm not pressing the panic button but all my thread alludes to (mainly) is the lack of goalscoring opportunities created which I feel i'm right to point out,

Its way low, and even though you could argue we had enough chances to win today, you only really need one chance to win a game. But how often does a team score on all their chances? On average we need to be making a dozens to be winning regularly. So yes this is worrying.

BlueHubert said:
Sabster said:
This is what happens when we play the most negative midfield three known to man.

Get your coat and go home please.

No, I love Mancini and think he is great.

But MIlner, Yaya, Barry or Milner, Yaya, Silva would have been fine for this game.

BlueHubert said:
Sabster said:
This is what happens when we play the most negative midfield three known to man.

Get your coat and go home please.

What a silly response to the post. If you don't agree, say why, citing examples. City's midfield will NOT get forward to put sustained pressure on defences. Since the pre-season look at how many goals City have scored. Its no good being in denial. Attack attack attack.
I blame platt and Kidd

Tbh i say this to all my mates all the time.... We hardly create anything. I fully agree with the OP

We create very little clear cut chances in all honesty,i dont think anyone can dispute that

It's pretty well known we arent creating a lot of chances, it's just a consequence of the system we're playing. Think we only had 3 shots on target against Liverpool (which thankfully all went in). It's a concern and shows today that when you don't put the chances you create away it's going to cost you. Certainly did today, 3 chances? 1 absolute sitter, missed, 1 great save from another, and that's about all we created. Not really good enough, but you have to hope Mancini looks at it. Past games suggest he won't, but we'll see.

Had a look at the league table and no one in their right mind honestly believes that Brum,Villa,Bolton,Wolves and Toon are going to finish above us,so just keep the faith,be upset when we lose but look at the bigger picture

non of this was mentioned after the liverpool game,today we had a great first half so is all this negativity down to the last 45 minutes if so this board is in for a long long season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.