Ditching Sky

I've got a zgemma h2s but I've been told it's time to go to IPtv.
Does this only work through your broadband connection rather than the dish as I have a very slow speed,
( about 4 Mbps)
Thanks

I've got a zgemma h2s but I've been told it's time to go to IPtv.
Does this only work through your broadband connection rather than the dish as I have a very slow speed,
( about 4 Mbps)
Thanks
If you've only got 4mbps then you're knackered, can you get fibre in your area?

Yes I believe it would take it to around 10 Mbps.
Live on the Pennines hills so miles away from the exchange
Have you considered getting a bigger dish and just we using euro channels? You won't get any English but you could put BBC Manchester through your speakers instead :)

Yes I believe it would take it to around 10 Mbps.
Live on the Pennines hills so miles away from the exchange
My iptv sub has both SD and HD channels. They are 1Mb/s (480p) and 3Mb/s (720p). They would be fine with your current speed. 10mbs would be better though.

My iptv sub has both SD and HD channels. They are 1Mb/s (480p) and 3Mb/s (720p). They would be fine with your current speed. 10mbs would be better though.
Thats pretty low bitrate for channels tbh; also if anyone else was using the internet he would be in trouble

I hadn't but it's an option
Thanks
No probs, I'm surprised that fibre would only take you to 10mbps; check to see if Zen are in your area
1m Technomate Solid Hi-Gain Satellite Dish & Fittings SystemSat
You'd still need stuff like a motor and all the other bits

@TCIB and @talkativesprout are more knowledgeable chaps than myself on the subject though :)

Thats pretty low bitrate for channels tbh; also if anyone else was using the internet he would be in trouble
They use a a fairly standard x264 encode and they look fine.
If using xbmc he could up the buffer size a bit. It all depends on what the provider is sending out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.