Ditching Sky

Agree,and having to pay an extra charge just so you get HD content is shit feature exclusive to them.
BT pull this stunt charging £6 monthly on top of their sports. We currently get it free every three months due to a broadband update but come the time they pull the plug we'll bin it and watch in low-res. HD has been around for well over 15 years so it's pretty shit-stick behaviour to charge customers for acceptable P.Q's. I get the extra charge for UHD but not HD.

Speaking of BT they just put our services up 4.5% which is hefty hike, so to remonstrate we immediately cancelled down both of our mobile services with them. If they carry on acting the pan we will switch our broadband back to Sky as they do good deals when combined with TV. Looking like it's academic as BT are trying to flog of their sports and have held talks with Amazon, Disney, Dazn and a few others.

If Sky bought it, then we wouldn't have to pay twice.. now there's a thought!

Last edited:
BT pull this stunt charging £6 monthly on top of their sports. We currently get it free every three months due to a broadband update but come the time they pull the plug we'll bin it and watch in low-res. HD has been around for well over 15 years so it's pretty shit-stick behaviour to charge customers for acceptable P.Q's. I get the extra charge for UHD but not HD.

Speaking of BT they just put our services up 4.5% which is hefty hike, so to remonstrate we immediately cancelled down both of our mobile services with them. If they carry on acting the pan we will switch our broadband back to Sky as they do good deals when combined with TV. Looking like it's academic as BT are trying to flog of their sports and have held talks with Amazon, Disney, Dazn and a few others.

If Sky bought it, then we wouldn't have to pay twice.. now there's a thought!
How much do you pay for BT services and what is included?

I have BT Sport on non-contract rolling monthly at £25.

How much do you pay for BT services and what is included?

I have BT Sport on non-contract rolling monthly at £25.
I pay £40 for bt fibre 2 with 3 discs and the latest hub with the circle in the middle and the BT sport is taken with BT on the Sky platform at a cost of £13 and the HD they have been giving us free but it's not guaranteed so if they up it we will watch in low-res. Sky charge us £58 (just gone up) for everything including multi room and uhd.

BT like most charge what they can get away with and the daughter pays £36 for her fibre 2
They are offering it at £33 for new users but this will entail paying more to BT for their Sport so horses for courses.

I pay £40 for bt fibre 2 with 3 discs and the latest hub with the circle in the middle and the BT sport is taken with BT on the Sky platform at a cost of £13 and the HD they have been giving us free but it's not guaranteed so if they up it we will watch in low-res. Sky charge us £58 (just gone up) for everything including multi room and uhd.

BT like most charge what they can get away with and the daughter pays £36 for her fibre 2
They are offering it at £33 for new users but this will entail paying more for BT the Sport so horses for courses.

Seems reasonable considering the packages you have, but with the quality of broadband you could swap over to IPTV to replace some the sky content. Is it just you and the wife?

I have only had BT sport for a couple of months, have to renew to watch the Semi final second leg, although the final is usually free on BT Sport youtube channel. But will set it to cancel and let it lapse after the 3rd month expires.

Seems reasonable considering the packages you have, but with the quality of broadband you could swap over to IPTV to replace some the sky content. Is it just you and the wife?

I have only had BT sport for a couple of months, have to renew to watch the Semi final second leg, although the final is usually free on BT Sport youtube channel. But will set it to cancel and let it lapse after the 3rd month expires.

Sorry mate I was just listening to some music. I think the reason we don't entertain IPTV is because the Sky Q2 platform is so ridiculously good and we can tape seven programs at once as we can't abhor adverts. Any lost soul that have to sit through that undulating dross commands my utmost respect. Also we get multi-room for my man cave and we also get UHD for the films and footie. Yes just me and the wife.

I think if you can secure a good deal with Sky then it smacks of value. At the end of every contract we actually leave and close down the services as that is when their best deals arrive. Never had to wait more than 2 weeks for them to come back and talk sense.

The BT on the sky platform is an 18month contract at £13 but as mentioned we removed our mobiles as a warning shot across their bow. Keep them on their toes so as to speak as 4.5% is a silly price hike in the current economic climate.

Last edited:
Sorry mate I was just listening to some music. I think the reason we don't entertain IPTV is because the Sky Q2 platform is so ridiculously good and we can tape seven programs at once as we can't abhor adverts. Any lost soul that have to sit through that undulating dross commands my utmost respect. Also we get multi-room for my man cave and we also get UHD for the films and footie. Yes just me and the wife.

I think if you can secure a good deal with Sky then it smacks of value. At the end of every contract we actually leave and close down the services as that is when their best deals arrive. Never had to wait more than 2 weeks for them to come back and talk sense.

The BT on the sky platform is an 18month contract at £13 but as mentioned we removed our mobiles as a warning shot across their bow. Keep them on their toes so as to speak as 4.5% is a silly price hike in the current economic climate.

Fair enough mate, IPTV is never gonna compete with the user friendlyness and recording features or reliability.

Not sure if this will help anyone but I just got a nowtv deal of full sky sports through nowtv for a flat £200 for the year (so works out under £17 a month). I added an extra fiver a month “boost” which means you can watch in HD on 3 devices at once (in my case all in different households for family members so works out as a pretty good deal). I suspect others who are more tech savvy than me have cheaper ways (or free) but for anyone struggling with the cost of sky thought it could help.

Not sure if this will help anyone but I just got a nowtv deal of full sky sports through nowtv for a flat £200 for the year (so works out under £17 a month). I added an extra fiver a month “boost” which means you can watch in HD on 3 devices at once (in my case all in different households for family members so works out as a pretty good deal). I suspect others who are more tech savvy than me have cheaper ways (or free) but for anyone struggling with the cost of sky thought it could help.

Brilliant username!

Just cancelled them after 18 years, as didn't want to sign up for another 18 month contract. Was just getting into the cricket on Mix, but the few other things I can actually be bothered to watch these days are on freeview anyway and covid has screwed up the recording schedules on Atlantic. Losing the recording option is a bit of a pain but will see how it goes before considering buying a new box. No more Soccer Saturday, how will I cope?
The Manhattan freeview boxes are pretty good for a recording option if you go down that route.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.