Do haberdasheries still sell onions?

Where I live, The oldest shop in the high street still observes half-day closing, has all the socks and underwear in drawers behind the counter and everything else in cupboards. Nothing on rails, just sales assistants. No one goes into the shop and "escapes" without buying something. You buy shoes? what about some new socks? shoe polish? spare laces? door mat?
I took my son there for school shoes, size 4, "Sorry sir, don't have that size, could do you 3 1/2 with 10% discount?

Where I live, The oldest shop in the high street still observes half-day closing, has all the socks and underwear in drawers behind the counter and everything else in cupboards. Nothing on rails, just sales assistants. No one goes into the shop and "escapes" without buying something. You buy shoes? what about some new socks? shoe polish? spare laces? door mat?
I took my son there for school shoes, size 4, "Sorry sir, don't have that size, could do you 3 1/2 with 10% discount?
Brilliant...some shops round here still do the half day closing on a wednesday, butchers, clothes shop, hiking / walking shop, some even dont bother opening on a monday let alone a bank holiday and during the summer when it's heaving with tourists and day trippers they dont open on a sunday.....these same shop keepers will then tell how things are going downhill, business has dried up, everythings on line. No it aint...you just cant be bothered.

Tut tut , Squeezing kids feet into shoes too small is just wrong no matter how much they knock off the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.