Do Pep & our team address each other monosyllabically?

Think this thread does our boys a disservice; they not only lead the world rankings in football but in intellect too..

Why, only recently before the Arsenal game, I overheard the following snatch of conversation betwixt our very own Kyle and Jack as they walked from the team bus into the dressing room:

KYLE: I say Jack, dear fellow, I notice on this occasion you've eschewed your usual iPod and earphones for reading a book and, might I say, a rather hefty tome at that! What is it, the latest Margaret Attwood or Salman Rushdie?

JACK: Oh no, dear boy.. it's a set text for one of the elements of the History degree course upon which I've recently embarked, 'Comparative Religious Studies'.. the book's called 'The Complutensian Polyglot'.. I have an essay to complete on it's impact upon religious thought and mediaeval politics..and I must say, it's quite the page-turner..'

KYLE: Fascinating dear chap! And good on you for seeking a qualification to secure the future for your family post-footy.. Bravo you!

I rest my case, M'Lud..

Think this thread does our boys a disservice; they not only lead the world rankings in football but in intellect too..
Why, only recently before the Arsenal game, I overheard the following snatch of conversation betwixt our very own Kyle and Jack as they walked from the team bus into the dressing room:
KYLE: I say Jack, dear fellow, I notice on this occasion you've eschewed your usual iPod and earphones for reading a book and, might I say, a rather hefty tome at that! What is it, the latest Margaret Attwood or Salman Rushdie?
JACK: Oh no, dear boy.. it's a set text for one of the elements of the History degree course upon which I've recently embarked, 'Comparative Religious Studies'.. the book's called 'The Complutensian Polyglot'.. I have an essay to complete on it's impact upon religious thought and mediaeval politics..and I must say, it's quite the page-turner..'
KYLE: Fascinating dear chap! And good on you for seeking a qualification to secure the future for your family post-footy.. Bravo you!
I rest my case, M'Lud..
Jiménez de Cisneros applauds their interest in his investment
800px-Jimenez_de_Cisneiros_Toledo.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.