Do we have the most talented young attacking quartet in world football?

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
This is a genuine question—I have been trying to think of a more naturally talented, very young (<23 average age) attacking quarter than Doku, Haaland, Alvarez, and Foden, particularly in the top five European leagues (just to set a threshold for quality of competition) and I haven’t come up with one.

But that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Some may point to Barca when all of Yamal, Pedri, Gavi, and Felix play, but I don’t think they are quite at our group’s level just yet. That is debatable, of course, and happy to be told my sky blue specs are clouding my assessment.

Bayern’s attack has aged substantially. Real Madrid is young and decent, but I think only Vinci Jr and Bellingham would get in to our side at present, and the strength of opposition is lower in La Liga. Liverpool’s front four isn’t anywhere near as talented or youthful these days. PSG’s average age dropped with the departure of Neymar, and Mbappe is up there with Haaland for talent and youth, but the other players don’t make the grade. Inter’s attack is substandard on both accounts.

And the more said about how laughably bad United’s and Chelsea’s attacking players are the better.

I haven’t really been keeping up with Portugal or the Netherlands as of late so perhaps they have a quarter that could rival our young guns? But then, quality of competition has to be factored in, with many a world-beating forward brought in to the Premier League from both leagues that ultimately struggled to carry over their prolificacy.

Who am I missing?

giphy.gif

We have got this right in recruiting the players. All 23 which is like prime age for the players to be at their best. Also they can play with very fast speed and skill.

All 4 will still be world class players in 3-4 years. If they can work as team. It will work really well. If they complain about the lack off game time then it will be a big challenge to keep them at the club.

All 4 will still be world class players in 3-4 years. If they can work as team. It will work really well. If they complain about the lack off game time then it will be a big challenge to keep them at the club.
I think that could be the only downside.
Apart from Haaand, the rest are not guaranteed starters.
Over to Pep to keep them all happy

I find the Doku praise United esque.

Come back to it in 6 months and will have a better idea, although can understand the excitement.

Haaland is a freak and best number 9 in the world.

Alvarez given everything he has won, crazy to say I think he in underrated, quality player who benefits in playing a number of positions.

Foden quite simply in flow and on form, the best player to watch in the PL and possibly in the World,

Futures bright.

You've obviously forgotten the rags, with Rashford, the Gimli-Eminem crossbreed, Poundshop Haaland and that useless twat they got from Chelsea.
Oh and young Jesse Lingard is available on a free isn't he?

This is a genuine question—I have been trying to think of a more naturally talented, very young (<23 average age) attacking quarter than Doku, Haaland, Alvarez, and Foden, particularly in the top five European leagues (just to set a threshold for quality of competition) and I haven’t come up with one.

But that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Some may point to Barca when all of Yamal, Pedri, Gavi, and Felix play, but I don’t think they are quite at our group’s level just yet. That is debatable, of course, and happy to be told my sky blue specs are clouding my assessment.

Bayern’s attack has aged substantially. Real Madrid is young and decent, but I think only Vinci Jr and Bellingham would get in to our side at present, and the strength of opposition is lower in La Liga. Liverpool’s front four isn’t anywhere near as talented or youthful these days. PSG’s average age dropped with the departure of Neymar, and Mbappe is up there with Haaland for talent and youth, but the other players don’t make the grade. Inter’s attack is substandard on both accounts.

And the more said about how laughably bad United’s and Chelsea’s attacking players are the better.

I haven’t really been keeping up with Portugal or the Netherlands as of late so perhaps they have a quarter that could rival our young guns? But then, quality of competition has to be factored in, with many a world-beating forward brought in to the Premier League from both leagues that ultimately struggled to carry over their prolificacy.

Who am I missing?

Not a patch on Weghorst in the lone striker role.

I had similar thoughts about our attack being sorted for a decade when we had Raheem, Jesus and Leroy as our front three.
That did not develop as I hoped so a bit wary of getting too excited about long term prospects but am pretty pleased with the current situation especially when contrasted with United and Chelsea.

I find the Doku praise United esque.

Come back to it in 6 months and will have a better idea, although can understand the excitement.

Haaland is a freak and best number 9 in the world.

Alvarez given everything he has won, crazy to say I think he in underrated, quality player who benefits in playing a number of positions.

Foden quite simply in flow and on form, the best player to watch in the PL and possibly in the World,

Futures bright.
I think you are spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.