Do we have the most talented young attacking quartet in world football?

I had similar thoughts about our attack being sorted for a decade when we had Raheem, Jesus and Leroy as our front three.
That did not develop as I hoped so a bit wary of getting too excited about long term prospects but am pretty pleased with the current situation especially when contrasted with United and Chelsea.
Did not develop as well as you hoped?Yeah Leroy went to early for us and him,but Raheem and Jesus?They contributed massively to both centurion and fourmidable season.Won 4 out of 5 premier titles etc.How many times we score 100 a season with these 2 or 3 in the team?All gone now,but they weren't bad to be fair.Sterling might be the most under appreciated player ever too put on a City shirt

Did not develop as well as you hoped?Yeah Leroy went to early for us and him,but Raheem and Jesus?They contributed massively to both centurion and fourmidable season.Won 4 out of 5 premier titles etc.How many times we score 100 a season with these 2 or 3 in the team?All gone now,but they weren't bad to be fair.Sterling might be the most under appreciated player ever too put on a City shirt
I was not saying that they did not play some great football and make big contributions to our success but at a certain point I thought that they would be the best front three in world football and play for City for a decade.

Sane was tapped up by Bayern, injured by a dipper and then departed. At one point I thought he would become a Ronaldo (or at least Bale) level player but he has not really pushed on at Munich and remains inconsistent.

Jesus was once thought of having the potential to break Kun's scoring record but faded badly to the extent where he was unhappy to play centre forward for a team with brilliant providers who most strikers would have loved to spearhead.

Raheem came the closet to achieving his full potential at City. His game had limitations but he was a prolific goal scorer and worked hard for the team.

I was trying to contrast the optimism that I felt for them when they first played together with that that the OP expresses for our current forward line. Who knows what they will have achieved (and where they will be playing) in five years time.

I find the Doku praise United esque.

Come back to it in 6 months and will have a better idea, although can understand the excitement.

Haaland is a freak and best number 9 in the world.

Alvarez given everything he has won, crazy to say I think he in underrated, quality player who benefits in playing a number of positions.

Foden quite simply in flow and on form, the best player to watch in the PL and possibly in the World,

Futures bright.
Early days on Doku, but he's showing just as much promise as Alvarez did at this stage in his City career, and has the added benefit of not being an understudy for Haaland, as Alvarez was for his first season. We have needed a proper winger who can cut in since we lost Sane. If we have that in Doku a very exciting new chapter is beginning.

Gareth Barry says hello!

;-)

Gareth Barry says hello!

;-)
Tbf, Barry didn't get the negativity that Sterling did....but get your point if you mean his general input wasn't recognised to the level it was?
As an aside, a mate from university down here was involved with pre season fitness testing at City back then, fitness stat wise, Barry was fittest player at time ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.