Do we need to buy a striker in January ???

We score sufficient goals and if our defence continues like it did against Chelski and Arsenal then our goal difference will rise. I'd rather wait till summer and see if RSC pans out before we plunge for a striker and then if we do go for the best we can get.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yes, we don't score enough goals.

Look at our goal difference in comparison to the teams we are in direct competition with -

I don't think it's quite as simple as that

not really sure a new striker is neccessary, unless we get rid of santa cruz

anyway, i cant start new topics but have some questions for some research i am doing - any replies would be great

Landscapes of identity
- How did leaving Maine road affect the identity of Manchester City?
- What are your thoughts about the City of Manchester stadium, do you perceive it differently from Maine Road?
- Does the previous use of the ground as the Commonwealth games venue still influence the identity of the club?
- Does the association with Manchester affect the identity of the club?

Landscapes of memory
- Do memories of Maine Road or past players still influence the club? (through stories, chants etc...)
- Is there a particular game that you remember as special? Why?

Expressive identities
- Do you think that active participation of the crowd at games is part of the identity of being a football fan? Has this changed recently?
- How do you feel the rise in armchair supporters has affected the identity of Manchester City

Group identities
- How do you think being associated as part of a group of football fans affects people’s perceptions of you? - Do you think this has changed since the stadium move and recent investment?
- Do you consider Manchester City to have a strong club identity? – has this changed over time?
- Is the club closely linked to the local community? – has this changed over time?

The impacts of globalisation on identity
- How do you feel about the automated vending methods used by the club?
- Has the increased corporate facilities at the club affected its identity?
- What are your feelings towards the current players / management? (wages, commitment, foreign players etc..)

Everyday identities
- Do you express your identity as a Manchester City fan through your everyday practices?
Associational characteristics and identity
- Has the fan base of Manchester City changed in terms of its composition and has his this affected the club? (race, gender etc..)

Freestyler said:
Even if Ade wasn't going ACON i would still want another top class quality striker, torres or david villa would do nicely.

We probably aren;t gonna get either in jan though

I am worried what will happen when Ade is away. I was watching him all careful, and
noticed that even when he was not pushing his limits, he was distributing great passes, and was working his ass off to recover the ball if he made a mistake. I wont deny I like the guy, and I feel none of the reserve can take his place and have an impact right away.
Few times I have seen Santa, he was trotting around the box, gave some bad passes, did not press the defenders for the ball, no dedication, no determination, or will to impose himself. Just look how Ade and Carlos were harassing Chelsea defenders and how they were forcing Cech to hoof the ball away in fear when he got pressed. The same attitude I can see it forming in the team, Bellamy, WP, even Robinho tracking back, pressing for the ball. If we want to win, this is the mentality we need to have. Aggressive attitude on the pitch have us the win last week, and we need to keep this up.
For that reason I think I no unfit, or lazy players, can be allowed to get on the pitch again and contaminate the spirit of the team.
Dzeko had shown he had the fighting spirit in him and looks like a deadly finisher in front of the goal. I would be a huge hit if we will be able to get him, but I think his plans are AC Milan, next year.

woolleyback blue said:
We score sufficient goals and if our defence continues like it did against Chelski and Arsenal then our goal difference will rise. I'd rather wait till summer and see if RSC pans out before we plunge for a striker and then if we do go for the best we can get.

Good point and this ^^^^

Toddymacc said:
not really sure a new striker is neccessary, unless we get rid of santa cruz

anyway, i cant start new topics but have some questions for some research i am doing - any replies would be great

Landscapes of identity
- How did leaving Maine road affect the identity of Manchester City?
- What are your thoughts about the City of Manchester stadium, do you perceive it differently from Maine Road?
- Does the previous use of the ground as the Commonwealth games venue still influence the identity of the club?
- Does the association with Manchester affect the identity of the club?

Landscapes of memory
- Do memories of Maine Road or past players still influence the club? (through stories, chants etc...)
- Is there a particular game that you remember as special? Why?

Expressive identities
- Do you think that active participation of the crowd at games is part of the identity of being a football fan? Has this changed recently?
- How do you feel the rise in armchair supporters has affected the identity of Manchester City

Group identities
- How do you think being associated as part of a group of football fans affects people’s perceptions of you? - Do you think this has changed since the stadium move and recent investment?
- Do you consider Manchester City to have a strong club identity? – has this changed over time?
- Is the club closely linked to the local community? – has this changed over time?

The impacts of globalisation on identity
- How do you feel about the automated vending methods used by the club?
- Has the increased corporate facilities at the club affected its identity?
- What are your feelings towards the current players / management? (wages, commitment, foreign players etc..)

Everyday identities
- Do you express your identity as a Manchester City fan through your everyday practices?
Associational characteristics and identity
- Has the fan base of Manchester City changed in terms of its composition and has his this affected the club? (race, gender etc..)

Not doing your marketing homework for you lad!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.