Do we stick with 1 striker?

Tricky_Trev

When Aguero's back? I suppose I'm specifically talking about away games here as at home we can get away with sacrificing some midfield control for an extra forward. I rather like the trio of Nasri, Silva and Navas ahead of Yaya and Fernandinho. Can Aguero play without a strike partner? Also, he's done better with Negredo, but nobody can deny that Dzeko deserves to be above the beast at the moment. However... I don't really like the Dzeko-Aguero partnership. Soooo... what do we do?

Against Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton away - Yes
Against Palace away, West Ham, West Brom home - Not a hope.

Tricky_Trev said:
When Aguero's back? I suppose I'm specifically talking about away games here as at home we can get away with sacrificing some midfield control for an extra forward. I rather like the trio of Nasri, Silva and Navas ahead of Yaya and Fernandinho. Can Aguero play without a strike partner? Also, he's done better with Negredo, but nobody can deny that Dzeko deserves to be above the beast at the moment. However... I don't really like the Dzeko-Aguero partnership. Soooo... what do we do?

Nope. Aguero is wasted as a lone striker. Runs about losing 50-50s and headers.

Apart from maybe at Anfield, where we need to boss their midfield, we go back to two strikers, one of which is Aguero. The current situation is the result of fitness/availability.

Play 1 up front against the better sides away.
At home always go 442. It's worked this far...

This becomes a problem when Aguero is fit unless someone replaces him on the hospital bed.

I've been saying this a while, Pellegrini will forever be under pressure to play 2 strikers, even if he feels we should play 1, when our great selection of forwards are all fit.

So if we sell 1 this summer, don't replace him with another big name.

You can't be leaving 3 of Aguero/Negredo/Dzeko/Jovetic on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.