Do we want to sign Ronnie?

I think we should steer well clear. Let's face it if we can all see that he is past his prime and coming for a payday then so can other superstar players. The very top performers will want to play with other players who are in their prime or approaching it., not players who are on the way down. If he can't be arsed to produce consistently good performances at Barca and AC what makes you think he will do it here? Look at the work rate of Rooney, Tevez and even Tranny, we would not get that from Goofy. I also can't see Hughes wanting a player of his ilk.

Luke The Blue said:
32.5m well spent said:
Luke The Blue said:
Definate Yes but doubt we will get him

Explain? He was on the verge last season but opted for Milan which has not worked out, hence his next move????

Coz we probably wont get 7th place...

that will have NO bearing on the transfer........................

I have always been an admirer of Ronaldinho and would love to see him at city. I am just concerned about whether he would bring stability to the team and if he even can cut it anymore. He is struggling to get in the Milan side and they didnt evan make it to the Quarter finals of the UEFA cup this year!

Although I am concerned nothing will wipe the smile off my face if we get him... Exciting times!

have to say no tbh

not as good as he used to be and another player that we have to try and fit the team around.

Plus he'd involve elano/ robinho in his binge drinking sessions and that wouldnt be good.

bluebarn said:
I think we should steer well clear. Let's face it if we can all see that he is past his prime and coming for a payday then so can other superstar players. The very top performers will want to play with other players who are in their prime or approaching it., not players who are on the way down. If he can't be arsed to produce consistently good performances at Barca and AC what makes you think he will do it here? Look at the work rate of Rooney, Tevez and even Tranny, we would not get that from Goofy. I also can't see Hughes wanting a player of his ilk.

this post stinks of shite.....

1. 29-past his prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....good un....
2.there,s not enough room for all world class players to play in 1 side.....
3.he has NEVER been known for his work rate-creativity and skill,mate.......
4.elano/robinho.....friends of his......
5.this may be an ADUG buy,not hughes.......

i,ll stop now to save your embarrassment.......

All those saying he cant get in ac milans team, the main reason is because they have a certain kaka taking his spot and despite what most of you think, milan are a lot better than us!!! Think some people are getting way ahead of themselves if you are seriously turning down ronaldinho!! its world cup year next year and playing in the same team as robinho and elano might make him enjoy his football more and inspire him to hit top form. 10million for ronnie is a no brainer, get him bought.

riley347 said:
bluebarn said:

this post stinks of shite.....

1. 29-past his prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....good un....
2.there,s not enough room for all world class players to play in 1 side.....
3.he has NEVER been known for his work rate-creativity and skill,mate.......
4.elano/robinho.....friends of his......
5.this may be an ADUG buy,not hughes.......

i,ll stop now to save your embarrassment.......

In response:

1. At 29 he should be in his prime but he hasn't been for at least 2 years now. That is a major concern.
2. Agree, but is he one anymore? 4/5 years ago he was magnificent. If he could recapure that the he would be buy of the decade, but I'm not sure he can.
3. Creativity and skill alone are not enough in the Prem. I can't think of any players at the top 4 who don't also work hard too, with the possible exception of Berbatwat, but even he isn't guaranteed a start.
4. Does having friends at work really make such a difference? If you badly wanted a new job with exciting new employers would you be prevented from taking it because you didn't have any mates there? If so I suggest that maybe your career isn't flourishing.
5. Quite probably so. In which cased we will really see who is running the football side of things and the impications that a decision like this may have. If the owners are true to their word that Hughes has sole responsibility for the football side then I don't expect to see Ronaldinho. If we sign him, assuming it was not Hughes' choice, will he have the balls to walk out? Having interfering owners would not make us attractive to top class potential new managers.

anyone saying no to ronnie for 10million needs to calm down, take a deep breath and think what they are saying.

big yes from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.