Do you believe in omens?

No but I wish my girlfriend did. Fucking control freak

Edit she's still ace but jeez x

I remember having a laugh at this sort of nonsense when dear old Peter Gardener, and Malcolm Allison, had convinced themselves it was our year to win the FA Cup back in 1973.

All the portents were in place.

We'd beaten Liverpool, we'd beaten Stoke, or whoever it was, maybe it was Hartlepool, and Sunderland turned up.

Everything was in place. We'd beaten the same teams we'd beaten years before on a successful cup run, and so it would continue, all the way to Wembley, where we would triumph in spectacular fashion.

Joe Corrigan threw the ball to a player wearing a red and white striped shirt, and they scored a goal which meant a replay.

It was cold, that night at Roker Park, when we lost. They went on to beat Leeds in the final, when Leeds were one of the best teams in the world.

I don't remember what colour shoes I wore that day, what colour my trousers were, but it had jack shit to do with the result.

Cast your minds back 4 years. In the 3rd week in october 2011, we played a Spanish team at home in the CL (Villareal), and we won 2-1, thanks to an injury time winner, scored at the North Stand end of the Etihad Stadium. And on the following sunday, in the first of the two "live" televised games, we played our quiet neighbours in the metropolitan borough of Trafford. And we were fortunate enough to scrape a win. Fast forward to the third week in october this season. We have just played a Spanish side in the CL and won, thanks to an injury time winner, scored at the North Stand end of the Etihad Stadium. And this coming sunday, in the first of the two televised games, we are playing our quiet neighbours in the metropolitan borough of Trafford. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to scrape another win on sunday.

Ah now shtop it...;)

Hope it happens though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.