Do you bother answering your landline now?

Don’t have one.

Even my Mam+Dad got rid of their landline.

Get Virgin broadband, you don’t need a landline with that and they have by far the fastest bb

I only answer numbers that are in the phone's memory, plus the occasional "number withheld", especially when I'm waiting for a hospital appointment.
I once had a call about my "accident" from an Indian sounding gentleman. I asked him if he was referring to the one 3 years earlier when I died! He immediately said "oh, I'm sorry to hear that". Irony was obviously lost on him

I only answer numbers that are in the phone's memory, plus the occasional "number withheld", especially when I'm waiting for a hospital appointment.
I once had a call about my "accident" from an Indian sounding gentleman. I asked him if he was referring to the one 3 years earlier when I died! He immediately said "oh, I'm sorry to hear that". Irony was obviously lost on him
My mate had one of those where he kept saying “yes” to questions like “have you had an accident in the last five years?” “was it at work?” “did you sustain any injuries?”...

When asked about what the injury he said “well, my head fell off!”

They hung up on him!

Same as most others. Nearly always nuisance callers, who ignore the telephone preference list, or automated fcukin calls. Nobody I want to speak to rings me on the landline. But Lady Bacon’s dad uses it so I may pick it up and give the caller two seconds to identify themself.
Pics baconface.... We need to decide whether lady bacon is sizzling hot; )

Unfortunately I have a bad habit of forgetting that I have left my mobile on silent. So I do occasionally receive calls on the landline from my family when they need to get in touch

No, only people to call it are the mother in law or scam companies, neither of which I'll ever be in a position of voluntarily speaking to.

Couldn't do without a landline. The mobile signal around us is abysmal, there's always at least one person in the avenue standing outside trying to make or receive a call. It frustrates the life out of everyone and we don't even live out in the sticks, it's M29.

I don’t even have a house phone. Use the line for broadband. My pal has one and every time the **** rings, they all wait to see who will get off their arse and answer it. Drives me mental.

Would be the same in our house so no thanks. With your phone you know who it is. The thought of getting caught on the landline by a boring pal telling you how he was one winner short of winning an 8m/1 accumulator? Fuck that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.