Do you ever think that you are going to wake up

I allways try to stick up for Pearce a little bit, Ok I'm not going to defend his mistakes, but all managers make them. It wasn't pretty but Pearce did what had to be done, the money from SWP mostly went on the day to day running of the club, most of the players he brought in were free or next to nothing, his only big signing was Samaras, his big mistake, a gamble that didn't pay off he shouldn't have done it. Mostly money and resources went out of the side and normally when that happens you're only going to go in one direction. The day I heard we couldn't afford even 2 million for Van buyten (under Keegan) I knew we were stuffed for years to come, I don't know how Pearce kept us up but it's to his credit that he did.

Also a lot of people who have a go at Pearce have forgotten Phil Neal.

nevilletogoater-in said:
S04 said:
I used to daydream about having an owner that would make us debt free..and us becoming a stable mid-level team.

I still celebrate everytime we get to 40 points because I know that we're not getting relegated.

^^^^ this

"it's all a dream we'll wake up in division 3,
we're not really here"

remember for a while used to hear in pubs some singing the extra line - "it's all a dream, we'll wake up in the premier league" - so maybe be good to add the reverse line now.

I remember a rumer going around when we were on the verge of getting relegated to Div2 that we were going to merge with Wimbledon FC, we would get their team and place in the Prem, and they would get our fan base. It was a bit silly really and wouldn't have been allowed anyway, but it just shows how desperate things were that some took it seriously.

Oddly, I had a dream last night that we sacked Mancini and the two candidates to replace him were Martin O'Neill and Tony Book. Then I did wake up, and Mancini was still the manager and nothing had been fucked up at all. Strange.

Robbo. said:
and see in the paper or go on here and see what side Pearce is going to play?

Sometimes if feel that this doesnt happen to a football supporter like what happend to Chelsea. What a dream i am having.

And you bothered to wake up and tell us this? Go back to sleep. Another silly post.

lewisMCFC said:
mcfc2607 said:
i'm still getting over us signing robinho. i remember BUZZIN that we signed Mpenza on a free a few seasons back. :/

jesus nearly had a heart-attack when robinho signed, shame it didnt work out.

and yes i'm sure i'm going to wake up anytime now.

haha my mate still takes the piss out of me for doing this haha
It's because he used to be a goal-scoring phenom in some of the earlier Champ Man's, when he was at Schalke! 40 goals a season guaranteed!

lyonfish said:
I allways try to stick up for Pearce a little bit, Ok I'm not going to defend his mistakes, but all managers make them. It wasn't pretty but Pearce did what had to be done, the money from SWP mostly went on the day to day running of the club, most of the players he brought in were free or next to nothing, his only big signing was Samaras, his big mistake, a gamble that didn't pay off he shouldn't have done it. Mostly money and resources went out of the side and normally when that happens you're only going to go in one direction. The day I heard we couldn't afford even 2 million for Van buyten (under Keegan) I knew we were stuffed for years to come, I don't know how Pearce kept us up but it's to his credit that he did.

Also a lot of people who have a go at Pearce have forgotten Phil Neal.

Hang on , his big signing was Joe Hart !!!

Hated football under SP though

I remember Utd at home we lost 1-0 to a Ronaldo penalty and I said to my then 14 year old daughter imagine somebody bought this club with unlimited money,of course I was dreaming out loud.It was just before the match when Bluemoon rung round the ground and all the scarves were being held up.Little did I know what was going to happen..they do say never let go of your dreams as they may come true one day and on this case they did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.