Do you hold a grudge against Manuel Neuer?

I wasn´t sure it was in until the replay..Neuer wouldn´t been able to see the ball I think as he´s falling backwards.

I don't, it is just selfish human nature to be like that and almost anyone would have done the same in his position.

after the 'henry handball incident' ,and the subsequent hysteria, 'he should have owned up' bollox, it was explained to the world that a ref must never ever seek the opinion of a player or players regarding on-field events.
Opponents of technology invent wildly exaggerated scenarios where it would ruin the game,meanwhile the rest of world sport moves with the times.My own fears concern the custody and administration of the play-backs,couldnt possibly be a murdoch outfit ,or a fifa official,far too many conflicts of interest.( i.e. cash) .How many times has it suited police and govnts when tapes go missing or cameras 'werent working' so would be a doddle in a mere sport to find an excuse (lie) .

I don't think he could've been 100% sure that it crossed the line, it would have been extraordinary if he would suggest to the ref that it crossed the line.
In the end it's up to the ref or lino to say whether it crossed the line or not. It's exactly the same with Tevez and his first last night.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I think that Neuer didn't have a clue the ball went over the line
He did, and has said as much already to the media.

Don't blame him though. If an England goalkeeper tried to insist on the Germans being awarded a goal he would be strung up from the nearest lampost soon afterwards.

Neuer said: ‘I tried not to react to the referee and just concentrate on what was happening. I realised it was over the line and I think the way I carried on so quickly fooled the referee into thinking it was not over.'
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290124/WORLD-CUP-2010-Manuel-Neuer-admits-conned-referee-Frank-Lampards-shot.html#ixzz0s9X6dAXs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... z0s9X6dAXs</a>

I'm more inclined to hold a grudge against the England back 4 for being so utterly shite. Did we expect Negouai to tell the ref that he punched the ball in that time against Rotherham?

Fulop's Reflex said:
Surely, He saw that the ball crossed the line but he acted very innocent. He was the closest to the ball, If he was honest he should tell the ref. Or am I just naive?

Yes I admit that German were the better team but that is not the point. I am just talking about Neuer.
WHAT? Yeh, I'm sure James would have told the ref had it happened to England. Not a hope in hell is any professional footballer going to do that. Did Tevez admit to the ref that he was off side, as he knew for a fact that he was way off. Not going to happen.

Blue Smarties said:
Thinking about it he's in a lose/lose situtation. He doesn't tell the ref and he's hated in England where Germans are already 'hated' or if he admits it went in he's hated in his home country and is only seen as the best of a bad bunch in England.

i dont hate the germans, in fact i dont dislike the germans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.