Do you mind being referred to as a 'European'

der-bomber said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

TMQ, don't be so hard on yourself.

l am sure no-one on here thinks you are an Arse...

l tell people l am German as l enjoy seeing the reaction .

I can see the way this thread is going though it's so predictable!

Personally I'm not too arsed, if anything I'd rather be known as Mancunian as opposed to English or British or European.

Manchester or the world or maybe just 'is'

Der Bomber Germany
BibbyBlue85 English
TMQ Is

Not at all. It's a geographical fact.

I'm a mancunian, a northerner, English, British, European and a resident of planet earth.

I don't mind being described as a European if the context is global and all that's required is a continent description.

What REALLY bugs me is when anything asks my country and gives options - with UK rather than England. My COUNTRY is England. If the question requires a free-text answer, I always reply "England" not "UK".

I am English and proud of it. Why should I have to keep losing my nationality? I am pretty sure many Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people feel the same. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your own country, provided it is tempered with a mutual respect for other people's right to be proud of their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.