Do you need a visa for the US?

EastStandLower

Do you need a visa to visit the USA? A mate told me this morning that the rules changed in Jan.
Where do I get one and can you do it ont tinternet?

yes ,american embassy and yes

edit not a visa as such but you need this ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization)]

yes you do need one, you will not be allowed into america unless you have this. The rule came into affect on jan 12th 2009 because we went to america on that day. Its free and you can do it all online, i think its valid for 2 years though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp.html</a>

pee dubya said:
UK citizens can get a VISA waiver can't we?
if you have a criminal record no you will need a full visa and have to produce a memorandum of convictions from court to the American embassy in London

once they have interviewed you and are happy that you are not a threat to the USA your visa is granted

turn up in the US without the relevant documentation and you could be denied entrance and sent back on the next flight

big blueballs said:
pee dubya said:
UK citizens can get a VISA waiver can't we?
if you have a criminal record no you will need a full visa and have to produce a memorandum of convictions from court to the American embassy in London

once they have interviewed you and are happy that you are not a threat to the USA your visa is granted

turn up in the US without the relevant documentation and you could be denied entrance and sent back on the next flight

I can confirm this will happen as from bitter experiance it has happened to me :-(

Day trip to orlando airport was not the best holiday i ever had and the mrs was not well pleased i can assure you

They've just changed the rules. Not sure if it's come in immediately, but certainly very soon it isn't going to be free for the waiver anymore.

As a British Citizen you definitely will need an ESTA

but DO NOT pay for it - its absolutely free of charge from the american consulate website

I only say this as if you google it there are a lot of 'official' looking websites that will charge you a fee (around £15) to do something you can do for yourself for free

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.