Do you need commentators?

If I can't make a match for some reason and it is on TV I mute the sound and have Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman's commentary either with Nigel Cleghorn or Fred Eyre. Ian's commentary is great; sometimes get fed up of Fred and Nigel's comments though because they are 70% negative!!

grey was co commentator today for the united everton game, it was just look at wayne, turn distan, says it all ?

If we didn't have commentators rags would have nothing to talk about in the pub and at work.

What you need is the South American commentators, when they are not rolling their R's, they are calling players names, today's United match they had Van der Sar as Pinocchio and Rooney as Shrek and they spend 5 minutes laughing at the dives the players commit. That and the goal celebrations they do, they sound like they are partying!

mcfc_die_hard said:
When we are watching the game on the tele do we really need commentators?

They only seem to mention stats etc...

What are your thoughts on it?

I often sit there when watching football and think that the commentators don't know what they're on about a lot of the time!

A game earlier this season on ESPN had technical falts and there was no commentary for 15minutes and it was better!

The good thing about your own views is that they are your
own and not been influenced by someone else!

Commentators are fairly essential, it is the idiot ex pro co-commentators that I wish they didn't have. Listening to cocks like Platt and Lawrenson really can ruin a match.

Great commentators can definitely add to the occasion. The problem is that there is a chronic lack of good commentators and co-commentators in the UK. You have people like Dean Sturridge, Craig Burley, David Platt, even a shrieking woman on MoTD these days and it's soul destroying.

Some of the more hated pundits on here are actually the better folks. Andy Gray, David Pleat, Jim Beglin to name three.

law74 said:
But if we didnt have commentators then how would we know if it was Stevie Ireland or SWP that had made a telling pass?
i know what your trying to say there!!!! and i agree!!! haha

all we need is which player has ball/passes to......etc. not the likes of nomark lawrenson,tellin us in that ridiculous accent how "the centre half wins the header from the goal kick,the ball goes into oppositions half,then everyone runs about in that half of the pitch,and thats it" "its simple football"

and i also definitely dont give two shiny shites,what shearer,hansen,lawrenson,linekar or that brummie tw*t off the one show(made famous only by royle family xmas special)thinks about any football match ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes,i really would prefer to see more than 10 seconds of highlights of wigan v bolton or some other meaningless game than hear about"liverpool of the eighties" or "arsenal sensational"
back to the o/p...dunno...im on the fence!!!! haha

worst lot are on itv that jim beglin is so full of it its under-statement also anytime itv do a game they only talk about scum even when they not playing best one was in 96 when motty said seamen all over cuntz pmsl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.