Do you need glasses and if so at what age did you start wearing them?

I’m in the eye clinic at Arrowe Park in a few weeks. My optician was worried about how bad one eye was getting although an additional test I paid for showed nothing.

Very tempted to pop up to Colorectal to say hi to the staff who looked after me when I was unwell last year.

17. My eyesight went literally overnight. Saturday was at the real Old Trafford watching Lancs in the CC with no problem. Following day went to the Sunday League game and couldn’t pick up the ball. Worn glasses/ contacts ever since.

Did anyone else’s vision get a lot worse after starting to use glasses? since I started 2 months ago mines‘ gone to shit when I don’t have them on To read anything. At this rate I will be blind by Christmas.

Started using reading glasses about 4/5 years ago at 44 years of age

I just buy the cheapo ones from pound shops.
Literally have them dotted round the house so theres always a pair to hand.
If i bought a proper prescribed pair id lose them within a week

Did anyone else’s vision get a lot worse after starting to use glasses? since I started 2 months ago mines‘ gone to shit when I don’t have them on To read anything. At this rate I will be blind by Christmas.
I went for an eye test about a year or so ago. I said to the optician that i was worried as i heard that when you start wearing glasses your sight deteriorates quicker.

She said “sir, your sight will get worse because youre getting older, no other reason. It will get worse through age, like a lot of things”

Proper cheered me up it did, the fuckin cow

She said “sir, your sight will get worse because youre getting older, no other reason. It will get worse through age, like a lot of things”
Not necessarily true. I wore glasses for distance (eg driving, watching City...) for around 20 years but my vision has improved to the point where I no longer need them (confirmed at my last eye test).

Yes, needed them after a couple of years working in an office staring at a pc all day, that was in my late 20s. Am sure it was the job that accelerated it all, now I have to listen to safety in the workplace and display equipment safety briefings every month...bit late for some of us!

Computers weren’t around when I needed glasses at 7 or 8.

Why is everyone a medical expert now? The COVID vaccine causes autism was one particular nugget I recall. I wouldn’t dream of telling a plumber or accountant how to do their job…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.