Do you play the Drums?

glen quagmire said:
Freestyler said:
I play them, i use practise pads, on one side i have old but very very deaf neighbours so i'm good, on the otherside i normally go for it when they go out, headphones on and straight on.

hate electronic drums, awful.

my new double bass pedal came this week, just deadly.

Is there an 'old' one mate? If so can i buy it for my lad?

i only bought a new one cause the old one broke, you could of had it if it still worked, even tried to fix it, but to no avail :(

blue dallas said:
not my fault! said:
Ok just started to learn how to play (present from the other half at Christmas) and I'm now looking at Electronic drum sets.
The reason for the Electronic is due to space and more importantly noise! I cant have the street complaining so need something I can listen to via headphones. I dont have a huge budget (£500) but have seen three sets that fit the bill I think:
Roland HD-1 - small but cant be added to.
Yamaha DTXplorer - nice reviews but seems large.
Alesis DM6 - about somewhere in the middle of the two others and around £170 cheaper! But needs constant firmware updates I'm lead to believe?
Or if anyone who plays can suggest another option I'm open to ideas. Have looked on ebay etc for second hand ones but in honesty they seem to be selling for £100 less than new so I'd rather pay the extra and know I have a warrenty etc.
Cheers in advance.
D-Drums are pretty good, a lot of pro's use them and there cheaper than roland and yamaha.
there made by Nord i think who make top keyboards.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/44053-ddrum-dd1-electronic-drum-kit.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/4 ... paign=base</a>

It's RED! Do they do a Blue version ;0)

Doing a bit of searching I really fancy the Alesis DM6 set but someone else has said to go for Yamaha only?

not my fault! said:
blue dallas said:
D-Drums are pretty good, a lot of pro's use them and there cheaper than roland and yamaha.
there made by Nord i think who make top keyboards.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/44053-ddrum-dd1-electronic-drum-kit.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/4 ... paign=base</a>

It's RED! Do they do a Blue version ;0)
ha ha, its more of a deep pink.
there top, go check one out if your serious, i know a couple of guys who have them.

hey mate, im 17 and have been playing for 3 years i've only ever stuck to yamaha and they have served me very well - never had any problems so to speak and i am currently playing a yamaha dtxpress electronic kit which is very good - i have also compared this to a couple of roland kits which friends have and it is right up there in terms of sound quality, feel etc.
unfortunately though, i live in perth australia so everything is vastly overpriced and the selection is limited - moving to houston in a weeks time so hopefully it will improve..

but yeah in terms of drums on personal experience i'd say yamaha - the modules are quality - good sound quality and great feel

I'm thinking of learning myself, played the bass for years and want a new challenge - perhaps my new 'thing' for 2011. Big fan of rock bands like Motley Crue, Tommy Lee is a great drummer, I'd love to play like him.

Live in an apartment block so its electronic drums or nothing for me. How difficult is it to learn on electronic drums and yet, in the future, play on an acoustic set? Is it possible to teach yourself or get lessons?

tommyhair said:
if you're just starting and want some lessons, go on youtube,

Other half booked me some for Christmas so it's not cost me in all fairness.
I have decided to go for the Yamaha DTXplorer set up as I can upgrade it over time and add duel or triple zone pads/Cymbals etc at reletively low cost (£50-70).
Thanks for all the advice/info.

ChuckleBrother-FeedsTheGoat said:
hey mate, im 17 and have been playing for 3 years i've only ever stuck to yamaha and they have served me very well - never had any problems so to speak and i am currently playing a yamaha dtxpress electronic kit which is very good - i have also compared this to a couple of roland kits which friends have and it is right up there in terms of sound quality, feel etc.
unfortunately though, i live in perth australia so everything is vastly overpriced and the selection is limited - moving to houston in a weeks time so hopefully it will improve..

but yeah in terms of drums on personal experience i'd say yamaha - the modules are quality - good sound quality and great feel

Just bought a DTXpress 4 kit with throne and sticks thrown in. Also the guy in the shop (bases in Liverpool) is dropping it at my house in Salford on Wednesday and setting it up for free! The kit cost me £500... These are still selling for £700+ online and in stores so I'm made up with the price. The reason it was low is that its had a damaged box and its the last they have in the shop as Yamaha have just discontinued this set up for a new one (£1100+ to much for me to pay), although any of the DTX pads work with this set so I can upgrade at any point. My only issue is I need an amp for it but the dedicated Drum amps are stupid prices. I'm told any Bass amp will work but even better is a Keyboard amp, any ideas where I can get one for less than £60?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.