Do you really believe the league is over...?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Blue Mooner, 5 Feb 2018.

1. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

It doesn't bear thinking about those bastards winning the CL. Just have to hope someone, even Liverpool if need be, can knock them out over two legs.

2. mancity1

mancity1

Or better still us.

3. Tommy_Catons_Perm

Tommy_Catons_Perm

If the rags lose the next game and draw the Derby the most points they can get is 84. If City beat Everton and draw the Derby we will have 85 points.
    So effectively City would have won the title on goal difference even though Spurs can get to 85 points if they win all their matches. (Assuming a 30 goal differnce is not overturned !)

4. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

I think they would beat Liverpool. Us, Barca, Real and Bayern is a different matter

5. paulchapo

paulchapo

Looking at the rags remaining fixtures I don't see them dropping many points, leaving ourselves out of the equation. Bournemouth away might be tricky and in the past you would say West Ham too but not now. Arsenal are well......Arsenal.

Us winning our next two games and therefore the league against them would be perfect but difficult. Everton away is a fixture that seems cursed for us and the rags will park a huge bus and rely on the long ball as they did against the dippers. So long as we win it that will do, anything else such as records and winning it against the scum is just the icing on the cake.

6. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Just lost their most influential player Sigurdsson to a knee injury.

7. dansyb

dansyb

As a one off I would love to hear pep’s song blasting out of the tannoys as the players walk out on derby day and 50000 blues joining in.

8. abu13

abu13

The one thing that I don't think is being highlighted anything like enough is that we have played 30 games from a 38 game season, in other words we have near enough a quarter of the season remaining and are sat on 81 points. If it wasn't for the two cup weekends coming up we would have wrapped the season up in March.

Put it this way, the second place team is so far behind that we could cancel every game until May and even if the Rags won all 5 of their fixtures they would still be a point behind us.

9. BLUEMATT23

BLUEMATT23

Plus Wlliams suspended and Mangala injured.
    Hope we can win here, it always seems a grave yard for us.

10. mayo31

mayo31

Not this year. I see a comfortable 2 or 3 nil. Neverton have no goals in them