Do you really believe the league is over...?

We're not taking anything for granted. The Scousers just had to mess up ONCE on 4 games in 2014 to let us in (they messed up twice). Utd had to mess up TWICE in 8 games in 2012 and we had to beat them in the derby to go above them. This is a whole order of magnitude different as we have to mess up SIX times MORE than Utd in 11 games. If we had Rodgers as manager then it would be a very remote possibility - we haven't we have Pep.
As i said it's WHEN not IF. I'm a glass half empty guy as well remember. I don't make statements like this lightly.
If we lose to Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h), Utd (h) and Spurs (a) we still have to mess up on another TWO occasions without Utd dropping any more points..

To be fair, if we do lose to Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Spurs, we'll all be shitting it.

Title is done and dusted for me.

Realistically I think they will go on a poor run because soon they will play Liverpool at home and then Sevilla and West Ham away in a week, how do they prioritise for that because they can't afford to lose any of them.

If they lose the Liverpool game we might have to start looking at the points Liverpool may gain although they are 18 behind as it stands!

5 big wins for me will do it, not including Everton..

Title is done and dusted for me.

Realistically I think they will go on a poor run because soon they will play Liverpool at home and then Sevilla and West Ham away in a week, how do they prioritise for that because they can't afford to lose any of them.

If they lose the Liverpool game we might have to start looking at the points Liverpool may gain although they are 19 behind as it stands!

5 big wins for me will do it, not including Everton..
18 points. +29 GD - so yes as good as 19 points.

I think it's because they didn't have the pressure of Champions league last year. Also Kante hasn't got anywhere near his usual standard
The replacement for Matic has also been very poor, centre halves have been poor Morata injured too often.

Incidently look where Chelsea would be if Mouriniho had seen the talent that Kevin and Mo Salah had and developed it.

We're not taking anything for granted. The Scousers just had to mess up ONCE on 4 games in 2014 to let us in (they messed up twice). Utd had to mess up TWICE in 8 games in 2012 and we had to beat them in the derby to go above them. This is a whole order of magnitude different as we have to mess up SIX times MORE than Utd in 11 games. If we had Rodgers as manager then it would be a very remote possibility - we haven't we have Pep.
As i said it's WHEN not IF. I'm a glass half empty guy as well remember. I don't make statements like this lightly.
If we lose to Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h), Utd (h) and Spurs (a) we still have to mess up on another TWO occasions!

And one of the chasing pack have to be clean and error free under your scenario.

I went through what each of them have to do to get to 85 points ( Chelsea cannot possibly finish on 85 points now ) and its high on impossible for a glass half empty person like myself to envisage that any of them will get more than 84 points.

Liverpool lose to Manure they have to win every other game to finish on 84 points.

Conversely Liverpool drop points to Manure and Chelsea but don't get beat and its 83 points at best for them.

Spurs draw at Chelsea and the best each side can finish on is 84 points.

Manure draw against Chelsea and lose to Arsenal and again the best they can achieve is 84 points.

None of these games involve us and I really cannot us see us lose all four games you allude to above so again it get backs to 84 points at most is required at this stage assuming those sides win all their other games including those against us.

12 points in 11 games is less than 7 of Southampton , West Brom , Brighton , Watford, Newcastle , Huddersfield , Bournemouth , Leicester , Burnley , Stoke , Crystal Palace and Everton will accrue in the remainder of the season.

Its something we have never done since the early days of Mark Hughes.

Its a record 3-3-5 or 4-0-7 or 2-6-3 or 1-9-1 and that record will secure us the title this season.

Peps a born winner and he knows what to do if things get really worrisome and he sees a slump coming.

He is in that top bracket of managers like Fergie was at Manure and one of the few where the manager can and does make a big impact on the sides fortunes.

The cups , the Chumps League are a different story.

Arsenal will throw the kitchen sink at us and it will be IMO our toughest game of the season to get our first trophy but we should enjoy the run in because we may never have a season like this again no matter what happens from now on in.

To put it another was we are 6 points ahead of what Chelsea were last season at the same point in time and they went 9-0-2 in their last eleven games albeit it without Chumps League games to play.

I actually think we will probably beat Arsenal (twice) Chelsea and Everton before the derby. The team looks so hungry and will have revenge in mind for certain games last season. Jesus will be back for the Arsenal League game at the latest as well.

What an I saying!?!?!
Nah.. . Only Stoke (A) and Spurs (A) gives me any concerns.
And Wigan in the cup of course. A banana skin that one.

Last edited:
I am an old, crabby pessimist, but even I am now believing. And when it's mathematically certain, looking forward to seeing the Stockport Iniesta get a lot more playing time.

I actually think we could win it before the Derby. United are playing like shit (well even more shit than normal, let's say). That shot of Pogba in the stands looking like someone had pissed in his coffee was priceless. If anyone didnt believe in karma, that should convince them ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.