Do You Remember The First Time?

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
In the Daisy Cutter today we're running a special about the first game each of us went to.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/</a>

It includes a fantastic account of Upton Park in the early seventies from our very own BimboBob.

What was your first ever game?

Mine was Wrexham v Shrewsbury 1980. 5 years old. Weirdly I cant remember the game at all yet can vividly recall walking back through the streets to my dad's car.

QPR at home, around 88 or 89. I can't recall the game much either, just how massive it looked inside the ground as that was the first time i'd been in any ground. I also for some reason have a memory of a guy walking down the bottom of the Kippax, (where we were stood), pushing a cart full of chocolate, chewing gum and bovril etc.
Happy days.

I don't remember my first home game but I do remember my first away, Newcastle May 1968, what a glory hunter
It was a great game, fantastic amtmosphere, and all the adults on the way home seemed pretty pleased with themselves

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
I don't remember my first home game but I do remember my first away, Newcastle May 1968, what a glory hunter
It was a great game, fantastic amtmosphere, and all the adults on the way home seemed pretty pleased with themselves
I don't know why, but I always imagined you to be around 35ish!

I thought he was about 14!

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
I don't know why, but I always imagined you to be around 35ish!
I wish
But then sometimes I don't

Every time this subjest pops up I try to remember, but my memory is getting worse as I get older.
It was mid '80s , it was 0-0 and Tommy Caton got bit by a dog.
Can't for the life of me remember who it was against.

I can't remember the first few years to be honest. Too young I think but the first game I remember was in 1987 towards the end of the season. A 3-0 win against Arsenal at Maine Road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.