Do You Shop Clothing for Age or Style...?

Depends on what it is for.

I don't going to the pub/match/out somewhere in pair of george at asda jeans and matalan t-shirt, but will wear them to doss about the house or doing the shopping.
For an actual day out I still tend to have some more costly branded ware, though I am not one to shell out £200-500 on a Ma.Strum or Fjallraven coat of entertain fred perry over priced polo shirts like some of my peers I know.

I limit what I would spend on an item, but would still buy a decent brand normally

Don't even consider my age when clothes shopping, only my waistline

Last edited:
I think your wardrobe does change with age but I still wear mostly what I want until SWMBO pulls a face...

I’ve gone more smart casual these days but I am almost 57

I'm 56 and I'm not one for up to date 'designer' labels on the streets. I am not one for wearing 'look at me' garish colours and am mindful of not trying to look like a middle aged guy trying to keep up with the youth of today.

Been told regularly I look younger for my age than I am and when I had my hair cut a few days ago the barber thought I was 47, felt chuffed about it TBH.

Went round to my daughters the other day and her and her boyfriend said they liked my haircut, he asked where I got it cut and he wanted his cut there, he's 23. Wasn't anything special, just a good old short back n' sides but the barber knows his stuff. My daughter said "look at you with your trendy haircut and skinny jeans dad". The skinny jeans I have had about 5 years and hardly wear them as I think I'm getting a bit old, but I haven't got legs like pipe cleaners(think John Cooper Clarke) so I can probably get away wearing them, but not much longer I think. I also had a pair of navy blue suede Samba's on and a smart casual shirt.

I think if you feel confident in what you wear and choose the right size clothes and don't dress too loud then your gonna look ok.

In my youth I didn't give a fuck what others thought. Soaped spiky hair( sometimes dyed) , bondage pants, studded bikers jacket, bumflaps and Docs etc. Lol. Those wear the days...

I was a born scruff as a teenager and I'm still a born scruff at 65. Jeans, any old shirt, walking shoes/boots plus fleece jacket/waterproofs if needed. Anything in red or beige is strictly off-limits.

Be honest with yourself mate, if YOU think you can carry it off then do it, if YOU think you look a bit of a git then don't, Just as a point of note, turning up to a BM meet, wearing an MMA style t-shirt, belly sticking out at the bottom, saggy round the chest, arms and shoulders, covered in food stains, that comes under looking a bit of a git, the poster in question shall remain nameless ;-) .

Be honest with yourself mate, if YOU think you can carry it off then do it, if YOU think you look a bit of a git then don't, Just as a point of note, turning up to a BM meet, wearing an MMA style t-shirt, belly sticking out at the bottom, saggy round the chest, arms and shoulders, covered in food stains, that comes under looking a bit of a git, the poster in question shall remain nameless ;-) .

Drone to a tee...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.