Do you support City equivalents?

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
In world football do you have a soft spot for teams who could roughly be equated to City in terms of having the majority of the working class folk of that city support them despite the club being traditionally in the shadow of a more globaly renowned bunch of mega-c***s?

I've always had a leaning towards Torino and seen them traditionally as an Italian version of City in many ways while I will forever hope Atletico do over Real.

But beyond that my theory falls apart. Until recently (when weirdly and surreally they can now be viewed as European rivals) I've always liked really Bayern who are very much the German United while in Argentina it's not Boca I root for but Los Millionarios River Plate.

No quite the opposite with me. Had to endure shite football from day dot to 20 odd years on so always enjoyed watching the great teams play good football. Stuck with me ever since really, was already rooting for the underdog in football

Lucky Toma said:
I've always had a leaning towards Torino and seen them traditionally as an Italian version of City in many ways while I will forever hope Atletico do over Real.

Torino share with Manchester United a tragic, they both lost their team in an air disaster.

rossonero said:
Lucky Toma said:

Torino share with Manchester United a tragic, they both lost their team in an air disaster.
I would think that is the only comparism that can be made. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of anything to suggest that Torino have ever used their tragedy as a way of generating income.

No.

As someone who started supporting City in 66/67 and has the 68 and 69 league and cup wins as some of my earliest City memories, I endured all the trophyless decades of mismanagement, relegations, inexplicable inconsistency and general incompetent bungling that characterised City throughout that time.

I certainly didn't want to search out a similar foreign club to support to endure more of the same.

City were enough.

I don't support them but I'd always want Atletico to beat Real in Madrid and so on.

I do have a soft spot for Fiorentina. They are the only other team apart from cardiff and man city that i follow.

They are a city equivalent as they too did drop from SerieA to their 3rd tier of football (i wont mention it was a punishment because of match fixing mind) :-)

I went to Italy in 1996 and visited a few grounds but fell in love with Fiorentina's ground and Tuscany in general. A truely breath taking part of the world. I always look out for their results and at the time Gabriel Batistuta was there and he was a personal favourite of mine.

I only ever will "support" City, of course. I generally root against clubs that are analogous to the filth. Real, Bayern in particular. I tend to have good feelings toward Atletico and 1 FC Nurnberg as a result.

I know some Nurnberg supporters who kind of reciprocate that. They don't "support" City (like for example Gladbach and the dippers are sort of twinned.) But they definitely are on our side philosophically in the global war against the verminous filth.

adr2.8i said:
I do have a soft spot for Fiorentina. They are the only other team apart from cardiff and man city that i follow.

They are a city equivalent as they too did drop from SerieA to their 3rd tier of football (i wont mention it was a punishment because of match fixing mind) :-)

I went to Italy in 1996 and visited a few grounds but fell in love with Fiorentina's ground and Tuscany in general. A truely breath taking part of the world. I always look out for their results and at the time Gabriel Batistuta was there and he was a personal favourite of mine.

3rd tier for match fixing? No, Fiorentina gone bankrupt in 2002, then they get involve in the 2006 scandal, that we call Calciopoli, which is not match fixing, and the punishment was some points in 2006 and 2007, they lost two CL spot for those points.

rossonero said:
adr2.8i said:

3rd tier for match fixing? No, Fiorentina gone bankrupt in 2002, then they get involve in the 2006 scandal, that we call Calciopoli, which is not match fixing, and the punishment was some points in 2006 and 2007, they lost two CL spot for those points.

yes you are right. i do apologize, i thought they went bankrupt and were then involved in the match fixing scandal and thats why they were sent to Serie C2 league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.