Do you think we'd have been in the same position...

Nascent Blues

going into tomorrow's game if it had been us holding aloft the Europa Cup on Wednesday night instead of Athletico Madrid?

I know it's hindsight and all that but maybe failing in Europe (just for this season) was a blessing in disguise. With the way the last couple of months have gone I really don't think we could have achieved both at this stage in our development.

Ultimately, if we can win the league this season (fingers crossed) it could provide us with the confidence, experience and durability to give both Europe and the league a real good go next season.

In all honesty i wouldnt have complained about finishing 2nd if we took the europa.

Yes it would be the same old shit from the rags, that we get year in year out, but we wouldnt have been trophy-less.

Weve put up with shit from them for decades, and like normal blues we just laugh it off, because thats what we are like.

They know their time is up, the clocks ticking and Evra with his the Empire bollocks means fuck all. Mancini knows whats best.

Same as last season going out of Europe was the best thing to happen to us.

For all the Media crap about us stockpiling players etc we know that our squad isn't strong enough to go on all 4 fronts. If we're attacking the CL next year we'll need to bring players in and not let too many go. Playing the kids in the LC is fine but in spring when the hammer is down we need to be sure that we're not wanting.

Uber Blue said:
going into tomorrow's game if it had been us holding aloft the Europa Cup on Wednesday night instead of Athletico Madrid?

I know it's hindsight and all that but maybe failing in Europe (just for this season) was a blessing in disguise. With the way the last couple of months have gone I really don't think we could have achieved both at this stage in our development.

Ultimately, if we can win the league this season (fingers crossed) it could provide us with the confidence, experience and durability to give both Europe and the league a real good go next season.

Good point well made. I don't think we'd have beaten Newcastle with a cup final looming.

Uber Blue said:

no, i always wanted the title and nothing else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.