Do you throw money away?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ballet-on-ice, 10 Jul 2019.

1. Cash is king.......Although all our invoices insist that they are paid by BACS some twats still insist on paying by cheque, which costs money.
    I have a few cards but never know which is which nor the pin numbers except for the fuel one. Cash is touchy feely and if you haven't got it you cant spend it, try telling the youngsters that nowadays. Any loose change goes in the cup holder and the wife has a large plastic statue which she puts her loose change in, a few hundred quid twice a year is a nice surprise. So, in answer.....NO

2. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Dived in thinking this was the new FFP / City are evil cunts thread.

Disappointed.

3. marcus

marcus

Put every bit of coinage in a jar every day. Cash it in 6 monthly.
    June’s cashing in covers the spends for my annual lads jolly.
    Decembers covers the spends for our 3 day family trip to ‘where-ever’ over Xmas.

Probs adds up to £1000 a year. Mental not to save it.

4. itsnevereasy

itsnevereasy

Can’t believe people actually throw money away. Every penny counts! Especially when you have worked for them.

5. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Look after the pennies and the pounds looks after themselves......

6. Kinkladze 1

Kinkladze 1

I don’t know why people use cash anymore. You see them fucking about at the tills at the supermarket scratching around in their bag to find the right money and I’m standing at the back of the queue with my plastic in my hand thinking you fucking twat bag.

Cotton Weave Blue likes this.
  7. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

They would have to be open 24hrs for me to stand there doing that mate :-)
    I don't go in shops, to buy stuff, that's Lady Deaths area of expertise :-)

8. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

I just let it build up to around £20 and go at quiet periods of the day, makes a mini shop a 'free' one.

I'm not tight but giving Asda/Tesco a large percentage of it just for the electric machine to count it isn't happening in the moon household.

9. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

I only use cash when i have to or when i need pound coins in the car for shopping trolleys and parking. I tend to put 10p and above in the car and the rest just builds up in a tin in the house.

10% in the coinstar machine is money well spent as you don't have to count it / bag it / go to a bank. That said I haven't done it for years as the coppers build up very slowly now.

10. BrianW

BrianW

Team supported:
    There's Only One City
    I collect any small coins for a charity I support. When they build up I pay them into Natwest Bury which has a coin hopper. Very simple. If I had to pack them up in bags, old style, I probably couldn't be bothered.

Always handy to keep a few small coins about the person to drop into collections of one sort or another. Unfortunately, they are useless against the dreaded "chuggers".