neoblue said:
crumpsallblue said:
Allah wept !
See what you did there:)
Ffs is all I can say.
"What iraqi law?"
"Yknow muslamic law an that"

Interacial law and dat?..

This is actually sad obviously the man has mental issues and has been manipulated into believing lies. Its actually sad. These people have to realise that the banner of Islam extends to billions of people. Stereotyping like that is dangerous as you insult the innocent.
I wouldn't say he has mental issues as such, he's just a fucking thick scrote. I very much doubt he realises anything apart from when his next dole cheque is ready.

neoblue said:
didactic said:
neoblue said:
Ffs is all I can say.
"What iraqi law?"

This is actually sad obviously the man has mental issues and has been manipulated into believing lies. Its actually sad. These people have to realise that the banner of Islam extends to billions of people. Stereotyping like that is dangerous as you insult the innocent.
I wouldn't say he has mental issues as such, he's just a fucking thick scrote. I very much doubt he realises anything apart from when his next dole cheque is ready.

Pretty much as above.
There is a world of difference between having mental health issues and just being an ignorant bigot.
Although,as BB2 memorably proved,the two groups are by no means mutually exclusive.

crumpsallblue said:
didactic said:
neoblue said:
Ffs is all I can say.
"What iraqi law?"

Indeed this is true but aren't the majority of extremists ill educated or manipulated... Its sod all to do with religion.

It's hard for us, living in a heavily secular and advanced (relatively speaking) society, to understand and accept that there are many people out there who truly believe in their religion to the point that they will kill you and themselves for it.
I don't know why, perhaps it's a result of cultural 'brainwashing', but we always hear from large sections of society, even from the non-religious amongst us, that religion makes some people do good, however, these same people will invariably completely deny that the opposite is also the case- that religion makes some people do bad. It's stupid and needs to stop. Either claim both or deny both.

Damocles said:
twinkletoes said:
I have to say that fear and ignorance do have a role in racist attitudes.

Islamophobia for instance.

Fear is just really a part of ignorance. I don't know a single person who has read the Qu'ran and has taken the overall message as negative. Certain passages here and there though will have you running for the hills.

those few passages are very important to some people, important enough to kill for.

i genuinely think that religion gives the follower the deluded elevated status of believing he or his religion is better than others who do not follow the same beliefs. and that is the fatal flaw in all organised religion. it is not a leveller, it does not bring people together and it will eventually be the undoing of mankind.

bit heavy for a friday that....gonna lighten my mood now i think and go for a burger!!

i want to live in a world where people don t have to hide in an over protective political correctness.

if someone is different, they should take pride in being more unique.mutual respect is all i ever want to see around me.

it is all i ever want to give!

ElanJo said:
It's hard for us, living in a heavily secular and advanced (relatively speaking) society, to understand and accept that there are many people out there who truly believe in their religion to the point that they will kill you and themselves for it.
I don't know why, perhaps it's a result of cultural 'brainwashing', but we always hear from large sections of society, even from the non-religious amongst us, that religion makes some people do good, however, these same people will invariably completely deny that the opposite is also the case- that religion makes some people do bad. It's stupid and needs to stop. Either claim both or deny both.

So when leaders go to war and make speeches about doing it for God and country. God bless the troops and the like is that not too a way of killing for religion?.

didactic said:
ElanJo said:

So when leaders go to war and make speeches about doing it for God and country. God bless the troops and the like is that not too a way of killing for religion?.

Depends whether the leader is going to war because he believes that it is his religious duty or he's using religion to get people behind his war.
Both have occured and they're both, tho for different reasons, the fault of the religion involved. For example, I think it would be hard for a leader to use a religion such as jainism to motivate a war.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.