Documentary on Club Ownership and Criminality

I have a strange sense of deja vu whenever documentaries like this come around.

So many times we've seen sensationalist headlines about how rotten and corrupt the game has become, how the shady money men from afar are infiltrating our national sport in order to line their own pockets. How the brave journalists will risk life and limb to go undercover and expose the treachery and deceit that is rampant within the sporting world.

And then nothing. Silence. No arrests, no charges. The whole thing blows over and the press (in this country at least) return to their old ways of promoting the rags and the dippers for the sport sections and everything else devoted to absurd trivia like someone from Love Island suffering a toothache, or an armadillo from Tijuana who looks a bit like the former bass guitarist from Martha and The Muffins.

Nothing will come of this 'investigation', too much money involved. A bit like David Cameron and his Greensill money: the wealthy have a law all of their own, the likes of us don't.

I have a strange sense of deja vu whenever documentaries like this come around.

So many times we've seen sensationalist headlines about how rotten and corrupt the game has become, how the shady money men from afar are infiltrating our national sport in order to line their own pockets. How the brave journalists will risk life and limb to go undercover and expose the treachery and deceit that is rampant within the sporting world.

And then nothing. Silence. No arrests, no charges. The whole thing blows over and the press (in this country at least) return to their old ways of promoting the rags and the dippers for the sport sections and everything else devoted to absurd trivia like someone from Love Island suffering a toothache, or an armadillo from Tijuana who looks a bit like the former bass guitarist from Martha and The Muffins.

Nothing will come of this 'investigation', too much money involved. A bit like David Cameron and his Greensill money: the wealthy have a law all of their own, the likes of us don't.
I'm not sure the law is the problem here.

I have no doubt that many of the investigative journalists/editors/owners/FA/EFL/PiGMOL/UEFA/FIFA officials have been 'lent-on' by some very influential people.

Super agents Mendez, Riaola etc hold all the cards.

Various clubs "owned" by them in all but name so they can just trade their players around the world.

Excellent watch, be interesting what statement the EFL release on this
Perhaps the EFL Chief Rick Parry can conduct his own investigation. He doesn't need to release any statements. He can just leak it to his pals like he did last time. You couldn't really make this sort of stuff up could you. This story won't be heavily covered by the UK media because it doesn't fit their very narrow political agenda.

Rather than start a new thread....
Put BT sports on this morning. There was a programme called 'Ours'. Annoyingly I missed the start but it featured Bury, Wimbledon and Portsmouth (that I saw) and how corrupt owners had killed decent football clubs.
It got me thinking, the media portray our owner as a State who pumps millions INTO the club and yet that is wrong. No one seems arsed when a crook buys a team and ruins it. One guy bought Portsmouth and immediately put it into administration!
Not a word said about it.
The other point of the programme was showing how the fans had rebuilt these clubs.
It was a really good watch and I am going to hopefully get to see the whole programme.

It's hard to have to admit it, but football is as corrupt as it comes. From the pinnacle (Septic Bladder and his thieving, lying accomplices) to the guy sweeping the terraces in non-league football who is receiving benefits as well.
We've had this going on for so long now we have all of us become a part of the problem: we've chosen indifference over action, we've adopted a 'meh, what-can-you-do' attitude to the people who run the sport we all love and cherish.
But there is something we can do, we can vote with our feet and boycott games. Without the cash cow turning up for these dishonest, unscrupulous bastards things would change overnight.

But there is something we can do, we can vote with our feet and boycott games. Without the cash cow turning up for these dishonest, unscrupulous bastards things would change overnight.
Football survived a whole year and a bit without fans.
Premier League clubs do not need fans in the ground to operate. Gate receipts are low in terms of club incomes

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.