Does anyone else feel like this?

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
That saddens me to the core Blue, keep going pal. Lifelong PROPER Blue

Doesn't bother me at all that we have lots of tourists at our games. I observed a few the other night at the Copenhagen game and it made me smile watching them giving it some with their enthusiastic support..... Chinese supporters with club shop bags, first timers giving it the biggun at their first Champions League game, families coming to watch the best team in the world....why not?
It doesn’t bother you that people who aren’t city fans (literal fans of the opposition) are getting tickets in large numbers to the biggest away games, yet people who have the required points can’t get any tickets?

Last edited:
Not sure if you have heard of FFP? Making money is quite important if you want to compete at the top.
Funnily enough I’ve never heard of FFP. FFP must be the reason why the club are giving huge amounts of tickets to agency sites then. I suppose if we stopped doing it we wouldn’t compete at the top..

I mean we did win pretty much every trophy when this didn’t happen as much, but I guess your right

So what is happening ? Club selling them? staff selling them? Supporters clubs? Someone is.
Did a few pubs with the son in law (who was ticketless) in the city centre before the game, ended up at the bierkeller, and left an hour before KO to get an Uber. Noticed two guys with City gear on & said jump in fellas, turns out they were Americans (nice guys) and had a spare! When I asked them where they bought em, they said on the club website

It doesn’t bother you that people who aren’t city fans (literal fans of the opposition) are getting tickets to the biggest away games, yet people who have the required points can’t get any tickets?
International PL, & specific club, tourism is growing and only going to get bigger.

Recently returned from South Africa where there is a growing interest in City and football.

Without exception,those that I talked to wanted to come and watch a City game and take in another game or two if possible.

Tourism/Hospitality/Credit Card businesses have always got access to 'premium' events for those prepared to pay and probably have multiple sources of supply.

The club may have little control or influence over who, or how, they obtain them.

Very frustrating,but the result of supply and demand.

Wait until the CL final at Wembley in June....oh my days !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.