Does anyone else feel like this?

Why is this the fault of the tourists and the club? The problem is the people selling the tickets. Those are the people who should be ashamed. Any of us could buy the tickets but most choose not so the tourists buy them.
Who’s said it’s the fault of tourists?

There are literally rows of tickets going to ticketing websites/ agencies so clearly the club are involved. The allocation of tickets to season ticket holders has also reduced -
The club again.

Your last point. Lots of people with the required points had no chance of getting tickets. Anyone could get them, but you’d have to be willing to spend hundreds of pounds.

Been considering stopping for a couple of seasons but not made the jump yet.

I long since binned aways home and European & now apart from a very odd away game only turn out at Wembley.

S/T price rises isn't the issue. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford the increases in the middle bracket of SS3. I could see where prices were going when I moved from SS1 as the new tier opened to counter the price rises.

It's the time that's the issue, even a home game is around 8 hours door to door and won't be helped with parking restrictions.

Driving in poor conditions on unlit motorways when I could just open another beer at home is sounding better and better.

I've seen it all beyond my wildest dreams and have a friend who would love a SC again but newbie ones won't be knocking about for a couple of seasons it seems so, I may 'cheat the system' and let him use it with me picking the odd spare off him/here.

It's my 54th season this year, still love City but sadly it's not reciprocal these days.

Well I have to say that the away support has been loud and proud this year so they can’t be that many ”tourists & corporates”
Absolutely agree - think that we must have one of the 'loudest' away support - I prefer those games to home matches

Reactions: CC1
Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
I was next to three romanians all in half scarves.

I asked where they got their tickets from and they told me from LiveTickets.com - paying £500 per ticket.

They couldn't believe the fact I paid £30 for my ticket.

But as the OP suggests, this is happening more & more and the club have alot to answer for!

Oh so 40 years loyalty means nowt, as long those who've got tickets don't take selfies???!!!

Ok!
Sorry for being pedantic, but the club only recognises up to 25-26 years loyalty; our time at the Etihad and the last five or six years at Maine Road.
As for this issue: There is absolutely no excuse for away match tickets going to hospitality partners. They should be sold to point holders only plus a few for kids.

There are trade-offs with City becoming one of the biggest clubs. Some older fans will be disappointed, younger fans and tourists will replace them. It's how it works.

Guess there are many new City fans in the U14 group, those who started to watch games when Aguero, KDB, David were at their best. Now with Haaland, Grealish, Foden...more and more kids will support City.

Quite a few years back the club facilitated selling tickets on by have a partnership with the bent as fuck Viagogo. My only dealings with them was to sign up to get a free pie and they didn't even have any means of actually getting it but someone I know regularly put his ticket up on it. You could set your own price and obviously the club got a chunk of that.

Oh but I do. I have enough points to get a ticket & love the atmosphere. Been to loads of away European games as well as Istanbul so I hate to disappoint your arrogance but I DO know what I’m talking about.
Absolutely spot on

Reactions: CC1
To be fair from what I’ve read most people aren’t suggesting that. Most people are questioning the ticket allocation, which you’ve done as well.
Yeah - that reply was to a post on page 1 - I thought it was just going to be a moaning pile on

I have read the rest of the thread now

The club shouldn’t be allowing a single tourist to go to any away game, not only because it’s incredibly unfair but also because they do not help the team with noise.

The super league bullshit was almost the end of me, when we dropped out I said we’re on our last chance.

Not sure how long I’ll last from here. Love the football, love the players and I love Manchester City FC but the heart and soul of the club has been ripped out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.