Does anyone else feel like this?

It’s not a bandwagon at all. There’s literally rows of tickets going onto ticketing websites, being sold for ridiculous prices. The club are absolutely involved in that and have partnerships with known ticketing companies.

The club also have decreased the away allocation of tickets going to season ticket holders. You don’t have to defend everything the club does.
And you don’t have to blame the club for everything. Out of interest, have you emailed Danny Wilson with your concerns and allegations?

I agree so much with the OP.
My son is in the 18-25 bracket so can apply for tickets for games but is relatively low on points (around 9k I think).
I'm on 20k points but don't qualify for a number of games BUT even the ones I think I'd get them; we wouldn't be together in the ground.

Then I see our section filled with certain 'groups of people' and I see the direction we are going in.

I know people who did pretty much every away game last season now in the second day of sales!
Like they said, how's that happened. Tourists and corporates.

You need to move with the times, offer a tourist trip to awaydays in your bus. 'alf'an'alf scarf on each seat, co-ordinated iPhone torch waving on 73 minutes. Executive waitress service and Thai massage on the return journey.
Shall I be your business manager? Together we'll be billionaires...
....Next year Rodney.

I’ve Had my season ticket for 22 years . Used to go with my brother, dad , grandad and uncle and my dad used to drive us. They all gave up their tickets due to different circumstances.

I’ve recently had a Child and moved slightly further away. Not really far but by the time I travel from Marple to Manchester. I hate the walk from the station but hate the tram and train services even more.

For a 3pm kick off I Leave the house at 12 and don’t get home til 7/8. I’ve missed the whole day essentially. I also end up spending close to £80 when all said and done.

Ive recently invested £35 in a firestick for every single game for the Season! which has been amazing, I get a few cans, sell my ticket for £40/50 and still get the same buzz and don’t have to deal with the transport bollocks and get my weekends back.

I really don’t know what I’m gonna do next season , the only incentive to keep my season ticket is due to potentially taking my son in a couple of years.

It’s not a bandwagon at all. There’s literally rows of tickets going onto ticketing websites, being sold for ridiculous prices. The club are absolutely involved in that and have partnerships with known ticketing companies.

The club also have decreased the away allocation of tickets going to season ticket holders. You don’t have to defend everything the club does. I think it’s a pretty fair thing to say why can’t blues with the required points get tickets for some of our biggest games
Could you let me have some info on the known ticketing companies involved & I‘ll try & find out from the club how they are getting them

It doesn’t bother you that people who aren’t city fans (literal fans of the opposition) are getting tickets in large numbers to the biggest away games, yet people who have the required points can’t get any tickets?
I gave up trying to get away tickets years ago. Its never been fair and the club will never please everybody so I really don't care who goes to away games now. If uts a tourist experiencing an away game for the first time then good luck to them.
Can't be doing with this sniffy attitude regarding tourists and tickets.

And you don’t have to blame the club for everything. Out of interest, have you emailed Danny Wilson with your concerns and allegations?
I’m not blaming the club for everything though am i, but the vast majority of away tickets are under the clubs control. No I haven’t emailed Danny Wilson, I doubt that would make much difference when groups with actual influence such as city matters, the 1894 group have questioned ticketing, forced relocations and got little to nothing back.

As I said it’s a pretty legitimate thing to be concerned about and question.

I agree so much with the OP.
My son is in the 18-25 bracket so can apply for tickets for games but is relatively low on points (around 9k I think).
I'm on 20k points but don't qualify for a number of games BUT even the ones I think I'd get them; we wouldn't be together in the ground.

Then I see our section filled with certain 'groups of people' and I see the direction we are going in.

I know people who did pretty much every away game last season now in the second day of sales!
Like they said, how's that happened. Tourists and corporates.
Well I have to say that the away support has been loud and proud this year so they can’t be that many ”tourists & corporates”

I’ve Had my season ticket for 22 years . Used to go with my brother, dad , grandad and uncle and my dad used to drive us. They all gave up their tickets due to different circumstances.

I’ve recently had a Child and moved slightly further away. Not really far but by the time I travel from Marple to Manchester. I hate the walk from the station but hate the tram and train services even more.

For a 3pm kick off I Leave the house at 12 and don’t get home til 7/8. I’ve missed the whole day essentially. I also end up spending close to £80 when all said and done.

Ive recently invested £35 in a firestick for every single game for the Season! which has been amazing, I get a few cans, sell my ticket for £40/50 and still get the same buzz and don’t have to deal with the transport bollocks and get my weekends back.

I really don’t know what I’m gonna do next season , the only incentive to keep my season ticket is due to potentially taking my son in a couple of years.
Ah. Interesting

If you give it up and change your mind a few years down the line, there’s a fair chance you won’t get one back. I’m in the pissed off camp at how match day is being ran, but no way would I give up my season ticket for them to sell as hospitality for a huge mark up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.