Does anyone have a gut feeling things could still go wrong?

That's not a gut feeling, that's just plain human fear/worry. You're not suggesting you are psychic? :)

I had a feeling last season when we faced Stoke twice in a week, similar to when we met West Ham twice in week the season before. However, that feeling isn't there this time, but there is time.

It's a tricky one. All the pundits say we're probably the most powerful side in the league.But I remember us tanning poke 3-0 with skill. I've got the feeling that if we got an early goal,the floodgates would open.

Of course it could go wrong. We have a huge game against Spurs four days before Wembley but Stoke have no such worries. It is a major factor and we'd be fools to dismiss it.

The fear factor is obviously large so it's natural to fear it could go wrong.

I had few nerves and no worries ahead of the United game because I didn't have the expectancy on my shoulders. I was convinced we'd lose, so I just went to enjoy the day. There was no pressure to succeed.

This time is very, very different. We are favourites and we will all be wearing an unbelievable amount of weight on our shoulders, whilst Stoke, as the underdogs, are looking at it like I looked at the semi.

If we lose now, it will be the single most worst feeling I've ever had as a City supporter. It will be even worse if you go there fully expectant of winning.

Your apprehension will stand you in good stead. It's right to fear because fear shows how much you passionately care about the end result. If you have no fear of this one, you have not been through what we've been through over the years.

Win this and it's like a lifetime's burden is over. Lose and our best chance for thirty years has gone and God knows how long it will be before we're there again. From being so close, it's simply back to square one. This opportunity HAS to be taken.

After 72 hours of euphoria, this is now pressure way beyond anything I've felt in all the years of watching City. Gulp!

Do i think we'll win? I don't make any predictions. I think we are favourites but nowhere near as much favourites as people make it out to be. It's no more than 60-40 for me, if that. More likely 55-45!

Pass me the beta blockers!

DD said:
Of course it could go wrong. We have a huge game against Spurs four days before Wembley but Stoke have no such worries. It is a major factor and we'd be fools to dismiss it.

I had few nerves and no worries ahead of the United game because I didn't have the expectancy on my shoulders. I was convinced we'd lose, so I just went to enjoy the day. There was no pressure to succeed.

This time is very, very different. We are favourites and we will all be wearing an unbelievable amount of weight on our shoulders, whilst Stoke, as the underdogs, are looking at it like I looked at the semi.

If we lose now, it will be the single most worst feeling I've ever had as a City supporter. It will be even worse if you go there fully expectant of winning.

Your apprehension will stand you in good stead. It's right to fear because fear shows how much you passionately care about the end result. If you have no fear of this one, you have not been through what we've been through over the years.

Win this and it's like a lifetime's burden is over. Lose and our best chance for thirty years has gone and God knows how long it will be before we're there again. From being so close, it's simply back to square one. This opportunity HAS to be taken.

After 72 hours of euphoria, this is now pressure way beyond anything I've felt in all the years of watching City. Gulp!

Do i think we'll win? I don't make any predictions. I think we are favourites but nowhere near as much favourites as people make it out to be. It's no more than 60-40 for me, if that. More likely 55-45!

This. The Spurs game is the key to this. How much effort will that take out of them? I am hoping for a couple of Spurs defeats and three City wins before then so we can rest a few against Spurs but unlikely.

I think its vital that De Jong, Kompany, Yaya and Silva are all fit

If we play against Stoke the way we played for 70 minutes against united I think we will win but we have all been watching City long enough to know that nothing is certain

north down blue said:
I was convinced that we were going to lose against Leicester, Notts county and Reading as well as the semi. Think it's natural for City fans to fear the worst but i'm still buzzing from Saturday and if we beat Stoke i'll be going on the piss for about a week.
Agreed. And we'll probably lose to Blackburn and make it another nervy battle for 4th.

Beta Blockers, I need more than that!
Like you say it's the massive burden of expectation that concerns me, I can't think of how bad it will be if Stoke overturn us.

DD said:
Of course it could go wrong. We have a huge game against Spurs four days before Wembley yet but Stoke have no such worries. It is a major factor and we'd be fools to dismiss it.

Given our poor record away against Stoke, you are right to be worried, we also have failed to step up quite a few times this season, Everton, Villa, Liverpool etc.

I sincerely hope (actually, I believe) we turned a major corner on Saturday, that will translate into the team going out with confidence (not complacency), and with a game plan that they all buy into, and exploit our advantage on the bigger pitch at Wembley, other than the home cup game last season, they have not really done well against us on a greater expanse of turf.

As for the league, Blackburn and West Ham need to be good solid performances that allow us to go to Goodison in a good positive frame of mind. The Everton game IMHO is the key, fcuk that up, and we go into the spuds match on the back foot, and it could all start to unravel. Get at least a point at Goodison, and we go into the Tottenham game with confidence, get a result, and then onwards and upwards.

As I said, 7th of May is the pivitol game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.