Does anyone have trouble sleeping?

johnny on the spot said:
Alcohol does not aid good sleep.

True.

An alcoholic coma is not proper sleep and your body just shuts down but doesn't rest and recuperate.

I've found that if you can't sleep just close your eyes and rest. I've read somewhere that that is just as good almost as sleep.

If you do the above and also try and concentrate on your breathing pattern, you can often start to get off to sleep.

I also read somewhere that part of the reason might be tension and that if you 'crack one off' this can take the edge off the tension.

Also don't worry about stuff. That gets your mind buzzing and alert. No point in worrying about something at 3.00am as there is absolutely f*ck all you can do about it at that time of the morning. Get a good night's sleep and you will be better able to deal with any problem in the morning and even f you can't at least having had a good night's sleep you will give it a better shot than if you are bollixed.

alcohol isn't good for helping you sleep. yes, one or two can make you drop off a bit quicker but any more than that affects the quality of sleep you have.
pills can help you get back into the habit of sleeping which can be half the battle.

Malty said:
I struggle to get to sleep I think I might have insomnia

Does anyone else experienced difficulty getting to sleep at decent hours and do you take any remedies or help for it?

Suffering and diagnosed with insomnia for the past 28 years and it coincided with my first panic attack.
As I`ve got older,its got worse and I have to take sleeping tablets,but my GP will only prescribe 28 tablets per each 4-6 months.
I can lay awake for a couple of hours without feeling remotely tired,however come dinnertime mid afternoon I do get knackered.Yes and before anyone asks,I do try and limit my sleep during the day,but it aint as easy as you may think.Had professional help over the years,but I`m just one of those individuals who just has to put up with the "wide awake world" in the early hours of the morning.

i really struggled to have a good night's sleep on a Sunday for the last 14 years

i'll wake up several times through the night

added to that i regularly wake up at 3.34am and then go back to sleep, bizarre

CITYBOY1000 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Alcohol does not aid good sleep.

True.

An alcoholic coma is not proper sleep and your body just shuts down but doesn't rest and recuperate.

I've found that if you can't sleep just close your eyes and rest. I've read somewhere that that is just as good almost as sleep.

If you do the above and also try and concentrate on your breathing pattern, you can often start to get off to sleep.

I also read somewhere that part of the reason might be tension and that if you 'crack one off' this can take the edge off the tension.

Also don't worry about stuff. That gets your mind buzzing and alert. No point in worrying about something at 3.00am as there is absolutely f*ck all you can do about it at that time of the morning. Get a good night's sleep and you will be better able to deal with any problem in the morning and even f you can't at least having had a good night's sleep you will give it a better shot than if you are bollixed.

So what is it then? Explain. Is the person whose had a few awake? His eyes are shut, he's snoring but is he sleeping? Sounds like bollocks to me. And telling someone not to worry about stuff if the person worries all the time is also shite in my eyes. Insomniacs who don't worry are in this category?

Best thing for a good night's sleep is a sound mind after a good day. Unfortunately, that is is now a luxury.

Listen to me now when I express my love for all of you x

I'm the opposite, i have trouble staying awake. I sleep around 8 hours a night and yawn all day then when i get home i often have a nap for about an hour. And i'm only 20 lol.

I've also had a few cases of that sleep paralysis. Pretty scary stuff, can't move at all and it's a bit of a struggle to breath but i'm not going to the doctors because i'm Male.

I used to struggle to sleep as I worried about stuff, but learnt to put it aside as I couldn't do anything about it at that time. Now I wake early and cant get back to sleep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.