Does David Silva need a rest?

Rammy Blue said:
I know where you are coming from however games like last night don't take much out of people like Merlin, was more like a training session than a proper full blooded match.

Getting games won and then getting him off after 60/70 mins is perfect management imo, always prefer to see him on the teamsheet than not.

There's the rub, Rammy, of course you want him in your team.

I feel he's showing a few signs of tiredness the last few games. I guess the management and fitness staff will have a better handle on how he keeps himself at the top of his game. It seems players like him and Ya Ya don't really get rested.

But we've got some crucial games where we need him badly in January. I just pray he's at the top of his game for Liverpool (x3) and United.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:55 am --<br /><br />
Tricky_Trev said:
I was shocked to see him in the starting line up last night, likewise both Barry and Yaya. I wonder whether Dzeko's injury, forcing us to play just 1 striker, was what resulted in him starting? Prior to hearing of Edin's knock, my front 6 last night would have been De Jong, Milner, Nasri, Johnson, Balotelli and Dzeko.

That's the first I've heard of Dzeko getting a knock. I thought the manager had just put out a team with the intention of pass and moving Stoke to death - which we did!

One things for sure, Nasri is now showing he is capable of filling his boots for the odd game here and there. But that should definately have been last night.

I thought Mancini would have ste our team up like hid did against Ason Villa, with no Silva and Milner coming in
I was gald to see Siva withdrawn early, but to be fair, he didn't have to do much last night.

As for Yaya, I've said this before. It must be written in his contract that if he's fit, he plays
I can only recall a couple of cup matches against lower league opposition where he's not started

The tricky time is Sunderland away then Liverpool at home within 48 hours. Ideally we would want to rotate 5 or 6 for these games, but they are two tough games.

It's bad timing to play Sunderland as they have the "new manager syndrome".

Can see him playing all three festive period games unless Mancini sees fatigue.

Might have to rest him against the rags, but then again, we probably won't need him for that game anyway ;-)

Yeah, Dzeko definitely had a knock, it was confirmed by Bob.

I think Dzeko would have started last night with Aguero, Nasri and AJ making up the front 4.

He can't play all of our next three games. He'll have to sit out one and presumably that'll be Sunderland away, he has to play Liverpool.

Rammy Blue said:
Yeah, Dzeko definitely had a knock, it was confirmed by Bob.

I think Dzeko would have started last night with Aguero, Nasri and AJ making up the front 4.

That would have made sense and rested Silva. But if he did want to rest him, why not just play that 4 with Balo up top? Or even Balo left side of a three and Aguero up top?

As long as Silva feels and conveys that hes ready to play, you cant not play him. I do agree that if need be, Nasri is starting to look more and more like he can do a job in that role though which is great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.