Does this happen to everyone else ...?

Trouble is you can't have a reasonable debate about football with Utd fans.

In any sizeable Manchester workplace you tend to get lots of City fans who know Manchester football history inside out for at least the last 50 years and loads of Utd 'fans' who know nothing and have never been to Old Trafford.

It'd be nice to have some sort of local rivalry but usually City fans have to resort to talking amongst themselves for any intelligent football conversation.

urmston said:

In any sizeable Manchester workplace you tend to get lots of City fans who know Manchester football history inside out for at least the last 50 years and loads of Utd 'fans' who know nothing and have never been to Old Trafford.

It'd be nice to have some sort of local rivalry but usually City fans have to resort to talking amongst themselves for any intelligent football conversation.
That's because usually we form our own opinions based on what we've seen. With the odd exception who actually go to games, most rags get their news from the Sun. There was only one in my last place of work, and the one before that, and the current one still only has one who I would consider reliable, so I just don't bother. Even he is red-misted specs so intelligent discussion is nigh on impossible.

In the interest of harmony at work I do try, but they talk that much shit it's hard not to laugh. Irks me slightly too, that because they are where they are and have been for so long, for that reason alone they consider themselves an authority in football, when in reality they are coming out with absolute bullshit. Told them that in milder terms too ('tis work afterall), and as I say, tend not to bother much nowadays. It's like winning in the special olympics, arguing with a rag....

I always live by the code of never arguing with stupid people because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experiance.

RadcliffeRick said:
I always live by the code of never arguing with stupid people because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experiance.
spot on that, never looked at it that way

Yaya_Tony said:
urmston said:

That's because usually we form our own opinions based on what we've seen. With the odd exception who actually go to games, most rags get their news from the Sun. There was only one in my last place of work, and the one before that, and the current one still only has one who I would consider reliable, so I just don't bother. Even he is red-misted specs so intelligent discussion is nigh on impossible.

In the interest of harmony at work I do try, but they talk that much shit it's hard not to laugh. Irks me slightly too, that because they are where they are and have been for so long, for that reason alone they consider themselves an authority in football, when in reality they are coming out with absolute bullshit. Told them that in milder terms too ('tis work afterall), and as I say, tend not to bother much nowadays. It's like winning in the special olympics, arguing with a rag....

There was a kid at my work, claimed to be a massive red. To be fair he had been to 2 reserve games, an f.a cup game and a stadium tour.
Never stopped talking about them. Had a mufc bubble coat and scarf and told us every day some shite fact he read in a book.

One day Norman Whiteside is sat having a coffee in our bar, the big red strolled right past. So thinking He just didnt see him, we pointed out there was a united "legend" in the bar.
He went out for a look, didnt see feroscum or bald bob and came back in like we were taking the piss.
We laughed for a while, and he tried to get me back when someone told him peter barnes was in. (i was already having a chat with him as he came to look for me).

Pam said:
Do your colleagues (even the ones who support no one) seem desperate to bring up the subject of the last result (usually before you've managed to take off your coat) if it happens that we've lost whilst managing to NEVER bring it up when we win?

Twats.
Do you work at Old Trafford? Never known anyone get so much stick for being a Blue at a workplace than you!

A few tips: ignore them; don't give it the big one all the time when we win or they lose because you just deserve it back the same, if you like going it the big one you're gonna have to stop moaning about it when you get it back; don't get all flustered and bothered when it gets to argument stage, stay cool, show them you can't be knocked off course; or try and get a job somewhere other than United's Carrington training ground/ Old Trafford/ London!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.