Does wogan get sick pay

What has just done my head in is the BBC at first attempted to block the info from being accessed, the cheeky cunts.
You want our cash to fund you then you better believe you should have an open door policy to cost requests.

TV programmes cost money to produce. There are loads of different roles involved in making a TV programme. Camera crew, director, caterers, key grip, tech guys, runners, security, accountants, legal team, editors etc... I imagine these people are scheduled to work on Children In Need in just the same way as they are for other BBC programmes. Should these people ask not to be paid? Their wages are not taken from money raised by the charity fundraising. They come from the same place as Top Gear and Mr. Tumble. From the staffing angle, Children In Need is a programme like any other.

£1.2million - covering the use of studios, which they own £1.2 million a bit excessive dont you think? I bet Mr Tumble etc doesn't cost anywhere near that, good way to filter money though..

What has just done my head in is the BBC at first attempted to block the info from being accessed, the cheeky cunts.
You want our cash to fund you then you better believe you should have an open door policy to cost requests.

Guilt that's why they try to hide it..Corrupt

TV programmes cost money to produce. There are loads of different roles involved in making a TV programme. Camera crew, director, caterers, key grip, tech guys, runners, security, accountants, legal team, editors etc... I imagine these people are scheduled to work on Children In Need in just the same way as they are for other BBC programmes. Should these people ask not to be paid? Their wages are not taken from money raised by the charity fundraising. They come from the same place as Top Gear and Mr. Tumble. From the staffing angle, Children In Need is a programme like any other.
I doubt anyone would have any real qualms with TV crew getting paid for their time.. they have children in need to feed surely.. But the presenter? who is already incredibly well off? earning a bucket load? Alarm bells should rightly ring..

Of course it's a corrupt organisation it was head by no other than the Watch collector was it not..
I couldn't possibly comment on the Beeb's corruptness (Ric would have my bollocks for paperweights if I did). I was actually referring to Wogan collecting his salary in this particular instance, moreso than the whole organisation.

The **** doesn't deserve to be paid for stuff like this anyway, let alone get sick pay. Celebs use events like this to raise/maintain their profile anyway. If our wonderful public service broadcaster is paying him a penny it's too much.

Get well soon terry.

Children in need? Fucking Wogan in-deed! - is it a coincidence that Wogan in an anagram of Wonga? Money grabbers. Blimey, I never knew people were paid on these charity nights :/ Another reason to hate I suppose.

Haha, brilliant.

Old news or not Karen, does the **** get sick pay? £1,300 an hour good to see your licence fee is being spent wisely...
Staging the event in 2005 £1.2million someones got a decent bank account, thought it was a charity event so everything should be free shouldn't it? BBC corrupt as fuck ..
No. You have to speculate to accumulate.
Just say they want to show a short film about a village in Africa that received funding the previous year. So they need to send the reporter, camera man, sound man, one or two others to drive / carry equipment etc.... do you think the air fare will be free? The car hire in Africa? Hotel they stay in and food they eat? The camera man and sound man etc have a minimum of three days work (two flying each way) do you think their mortgage will be paid working for free?

If the end result of spending 1.2m quid is raising 22 million quid then that is a job well done in my books although I do feel that the 1.2m should not come from the licence fee but from CIN proceeds itself.

How many ex footballers are on the after dinner speaking circuit? Most events are fundraising events. Do you think they turn up and speak for the free beer and buffet? Same principle.... the organisers spend 500 quid or however much they charge in the hope of bringing in 3000 quid via ticket sales and a raffle

I regularly donate to the second best supported Charitable organisation in the UK outside of the National Lottery.

This is by way of one off donations and then by covenents.

Children In Need is a worthy cause and do a lot of good stuff, but why does anyone get paid? It's a Charity for pitys sake!! BBC I'll present it for nowt!!

I regularly donate to the second best supported Charitable organisation in the UK outside of the National Lottery.

This is by way of one off donations and then by covenents.

Children In Need is a worthy cause and do a lot of good stuff, but why does anyone get paid? It's a Charity for pitys sake!! BBC I'll present it for nowt!!
Please tell us what that second best charitable organisation is..... they will have a CEO, regional managers, head of accounts and HR etc etc etc..... in my last 19 years in the UK I worked for 16 of them with 3 different charitable organisations, 1 local to Manchester and 2 national charities..... all employing many many people....
Same as my jobs in 4 years of being in the States, working for 2 ''not for profit'' companies relying on State funding and charitable (mainly business) donations to keep going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.