"Don't believe the hype about Mancini's feats"

GoForGlory

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ve-the-hype-about-mancinis-feats-1846381.html

What utter bollocks! This guy has no idea what he's talking about. First he writes that Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina were relegated to Serie B and Juve to Serie C1 (their original punishments, of course the only team relegated was Juve in the end, and that to Serie B not C1). Then he seems to forget all about that in the next line pretty much, and says that Inter didn't win that second scudetto by themselves because Milan were deducted 8 points. Now this would have been a fair point - except Inter were almost unbeatable that season, the completely dominated and finished THIRTY-SIX POINTS clear of 4th placed Milan and 22 points clear of runners up Roma.

It's an opinion-article, sure, but you still can't just make shit up. Made me furious this one.

I've just posted a reply to the article, which draws on some of your text. I hope you don't mind, its just late & much as I wanted to correct their inaccuracies, I felt you had done much of the groundwork, so therefore did a bit of a cut & paste job.

vonksbignose said:
I've just posted a reply to the article, which draws on some of your text. I hope you don't mind, its just late & much as I wanted to correct their inaccuracies, I felt you had done much of the groundwork, so therefore did a bit of a cut & paste job.

NP, I actually did write a sort of insulting and pompous reply myself but found out I had to become a member

I don't get his point? He is saying that Inter Milan were gifted the first Serie A title due to the match fixing scandal.. however, if there were no fixing of games, then Inter would have come out top? Obviously that isn't a gurantee, however, the clubs chose to fix games, Inter had nothing to do with that and played and without the other teams fixing games they would have been above them. I like the comment at the bottom, that's put alot better than I just have! (Just noticed that it was most of what you'd put! Nicely worded!)

Also this I found quite funny..

"The Italians field reserve sides and play in semi-deserted stadiums until the final of a tournament which makes the English League Cup look hotly contested."

Erm.. you mean like the English League Cup does?!? Aka Arsenal playing their kids?

What utter tripe of an article!

I think I see what he means now - he actually thinks that Fiorentina, Milan, Juventus and Lazio weren't in Serie A that season thus giving Inter a free ride to the title. What actually happened of course was that Juve and Milan were deducted enough points, and rightfully so, meaning that the title was fairly handed to Mancini's Inter.

So I interpret him as thinking that the effects of the Calciopoli on Inter's first title all took place the season after the calciopoli, when in fact they were of course, rightfully, handed the title at the end of the season after Calciopoli had been uncovered.
This might actually be the worst piece of reporting I've ever seen.

vonksbignose said:

Hang on I actually think you misunderstood me a bit. The first title was handed to Inter because Milan was deducted 30 points and Juve were relegated, leaving Inter at the top. It's during the second scudetto-winning season for Inter that Juve was in Serie B.

I see where he's coming from, all of Inter's closest rivals were deducted points, or in Juventus' case, relegated. Still, Inter tore up the league that year, I don't necessarily agree with him.

GoForGlory said:
vonksbignose said:

Hang on I actually think you misunderstood me a bit. The first title was handed to Inter because Milan was deducted 30 points and Juve were relegated, leaving Inter at the top. It's during the second scudetto-winning season for Inter that Juve was in Serie B.

Oops - apologies! Well that'll teach me I suppose!

I have just posted another response though, as another piece in the same paper utterly contradicts his assertion that Mancini has been overlook by other clubs. As we all know, he's only been available for the past 7 weeks, since settling his contract wrangle with Inter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.