Don't ever forget.....

shaunthegoat

Well, things certainly seem to be going our way these days, but in my opinion there are a few things we should never forget if we were to achieve great things in the near future.

- How it feels to play in the 2nd division.
- How it feels not winning anything for over 3 decades.
- Dickov's equaliser v Gillingham.

I could probably have come up with something a lot more creative than this, but I think that if we forget these things we may very well end up like the rags, and it should be in everyones interest we don't ever turn into something remotely similar to them!

PS! I would never dream of comparing us to the rag fans, but you get the picture! :)

Please feel free to add anything else you feel we never should forget.

Driving all the way to Lincoln midweek and getting hammered 4-1
Losing at York and dropping to 19th in Div 3

Mental_blue said:

I think we were no lower than 12th in Div 2 after the defeat to York, and that we lost 2-1 at the game in Lincoln.

I appreciate the sentiment but I think its a bit of a "typical city-ish" post. I remember all that stuff, but we are looking forward now rather than back. This club is in the hands of professionals. The acquistion of Barry, whilst the rest of football was lying on a beach proves that. Your view is a bit sentimental in my opinion.

My focus is on the now and the future.

(BTW I'm not a jonny-come-lately. I stood on the terrace at St James park with my Dad on the last day of the season in 1968)

squirtyflower said:
Mental_blue said:

I think we were no lower than 12th in Div 2 after the defeat to York, and that we lost 2-1 at the game in Lincoln.

Not that I want an argument this late at night but it was deffo 4-1. Rosler put us 1-0 up and they scored 4. We lost the second leg 1-0 at home, I remember Kit Symons being involved in their goal somehow.

But I think you're probably right about the 12th - it just seemed lower.

scousemanc said:
I appreciate the sentiment but I think its a bit of a "typical city-ish" post. I remember all that stuff, but we are looking forward now rather than back. This club is in the hands of professionals. The acquistion of Barry, whilst the rest of football was lying on a beach proves that. Your view is a bit sentimental in my opinion.

My focus is on the now and the future.

(BTW I'm not a jonny-come-lately. I stood on the terrace at St James park with my Dad on the last day of the season in 1968)

I think the point of the OP is that we shouldn't turn into Rags who think footbal started in 1993. I used to say at the time "How can you truly appreciate the good times unless you've been through the bad times" and I used to get the piss taken out of me. I still stand by that comment today when things seem to be turning into our favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.