dont think we are going to get big names.... this is why...

I think you are at least 20m off mate, highest I have heard for Bridge 15m and RSC 20m(lets say we pay another 5m on that to 25m)I can't see where you could add 20m to those to players from that.

The first line of the post is the key:

"SSN is saying that we have 100mil to spend".

Unless I hear Hughes say we have 100mil to spend, I will not be believing what SSN say.

The big names we want to be looking at are still in the Champions league, and only a ridiculous offer will make their clubs think of letting them go, But then would they swap Europe for a second hsalf of the season dogfight which we a currently in?

In reality, we have to find players to get us to the next level which to me is challenging for a top 6 spot, once there we have to look at making a top 4 spot ours, so means bringing in better players, and then staying in the top 4 and challebging for honours, which means again bringing in better players, or should I say the best.
I think we are 3 rebuilds away from the top, and the likes of Kaka/Messi etc will start to come in the second build.

Big G said:
The big names we want to be looking at are still in the Champions league, and only a ridiculous offer will make their clubs think of letting them go, But then would they swap Europe for a second hsalf of the season dogfight which we a currently in?

In reality, we have to find players to get us to the next level which to me is challenging for a top 6 spot, once there we have to look at making a top 4 spot ours, so means bringing in better players, and then staying in the top 4 and challebging for honours, which means again bringing in better players, or should I say the best.
I think we are 3 rebuilds away from the top, and the likes of Kaka/Messi etc will start to come in the second build.
Good post, I reckon 5/6 good quality premiership hardened players this window is what's needed. I reckon Hughes knows that too. Who knows what the owners will do though possibly give us a treat at the end of the window when Hughes has finished

maine man said:
Big G said:

Good post, I reckon 5/6 good quality premiership hardened players this window is what's needed. I reckon Hughes knows that too. Who knows what the owners will do though possibly give us a treat at the end of the window when Hughes has finished

try telling that to robinho why probably expects world class names

Ive heard from several papers etc that superstars would be bought with a seperate budget and Mark Hughes transfer budget is for players he wants. Can anyone confirm this ?

mmc said:
Ive heard from several papers etc that superstars would be bought with a seperate budget and Mark Hughes transfer budget is for players he wants. Can anyone confirm this ?

Chairmen messing with the team is a recipe for disaster,
The owners should manage the money, and the manager sign the players and manage the team.

christelfordwigan said:
No way they will cost £60 million - no way

the reason i think we may not get a big named signing is just the simple fact that if we do buy someone who is already cup tied for europe they wont be able to play for us in europe. I think the big names will come in the summer

i agree there mate

Big G said:
mmc said:

Chairmen messing with the team is a recipe for disaster,
The owners should manage the money, and the manager sign the players and manage the team.

I don't mean it like that. I mean if hughes approves of the superstar the owners will use a separate budget to purchase him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.