Dortmund Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mancini’s Pastilles

Team supported
Manchester City
Not looking for tickets, more so advice, first German away game travelling solo from Ireland, any advice from experienced travellers. Is dortmund worth staying in? Or any close by towns? Flying into cologne and home from dusseldorf. Any help would be appreciated

Dusseldorf is the best place in the region but hotels are £200+ a night due to a trade show. Cologne is great too but nearly 2 hours back on a train which gets in pushing half 2am after the game.

We've booked Essen just over 20minutes from Dusseldorf airport and the same to Dortmund.

In theory you can get to Essen main station after the game in around 30 minutes after the game, although that would depend on getting the perfect connection times, etc. I had a look on the journey planner for Nord Rhein Westphalia and it's more like 45 minutes to an hour in practice, depending on when you get out of the ground, etc. Obviously a journey to somewhere further away, like Duisburg or Dussledorf, would take longer. If I was going to the game (which I'm sadly not as, ironically, I'll be in the UK that week), I would stay in Dortmund the night of the match - but elsewhere in the days before/after.

We're staying in Dortmund from Monday to Wednesday due to the expensive hotels in Dusseldorf. In Germany on matchdays your match ticket includes free travel on public transport for anything up to 40 miles away so you could spend time in Dusseldorf on the day of the game in old town (as I'm sure there will be blues there) and still get to the game in Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.