Dortmund chief exec sticking the boot in AGAIN

Prestwich_Blue said:
forevermancity said:
He's right to be fair
You can't talk sense on here. The fact he's saying, quite reasonably, that the English fan accepts foreign ownership whereas the German fan culture tends to like the '50%+1' model and would probably resist foreign ownership is neither here nor there. You have to see it as an attack on us if you want any credibility on here.

The fact that, because they own their clubs fans take an active and assertive stand on issues that affect them like ticket prices and standing, while we mutter under our breaths about paying £50 for a ticket to Norwich but cough up anyway, is entirely irrelevant! The guy is clearly having a go at us.

Colin he's a hypocrite, German football has its good points but there are numerous examples of malpractice and authorities turning a blind eye rather like the Spaniards do for Real Madrid.

Did he also mention that stadiums in Germany were expanded for the World Cup and European Championoship. I stand corrected, but I bet most of the money came from the German Government.

Perhaps one day England will host the World Cup(good one) and our stadiums will be expanded via money from the Government.

Prestwich_Blue said:
forevermancity said:
He's right to be fair
You can't talk sense on here. The fact he's saying, quite reasonably, that the English fan accepts foreign ownership whereas the German fan culture tends to like the '50%+1' model and would probably resist foreign ownership is neither here nor there. You have to see it as an attack on us if you want any credibility on here.

The fact that, because they own their clubs fans take an active and assertive stand on issues that affect them like ticket prices and standing, while we mutter under our breaths about paying £50 for a ticket to Norwich but cough up anyway, is entirely irrelevant! The guy is clearly having a go at us.

Hahaha

Couldn't have put it better myself.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/dec/02/ermany-bundesliga-noisy-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/davi ... noisy-fans</a>?

A much better pespective and probably taken from the same interview. I`d be more worried if I supported Le Arse....but let`s not that get in the way of a bit of City bashing by Mark Ogden and his beloved Telegraph.....

The politicians are threatening that Germany must have seats, and we are worried it will be like England, where the football atmosphere was famous but now it is so quiet. At Manchester City [where Dortmund excelled in a 1-1 draw last month] it was a little better, but at Arsenal last year, we could not believe you could watch football so quietly. We don't want that........

MCRJON said:
What he also fails to mention is the 200 or so fans that were arrested last week, or the fact that their Ultras nearly burnt the stadium down with flares. He doesnt mention that in 306 Buderslega games last season there were 1,142 with injuries requiring hospital treatment, and 8,143 (COUNT THEM) criminal conivctions for violence. German police estimate 316 arrests PER GAME last season.

So yeah, wupti-fucking-do for the Bunderslega

well, i don´t want to intervene too much, because i think that discussion is useless and i know the reason, why guys like Watzke are starting it.

but to take it right: The numbers you mentioned are for 757 matches, both Bundesliga 1 and 2, Europa cup, german cup and friendlies at the grounds of the 36 german bundesliga clubs. That means 1,5 persons injured per match and 10.5 criminal proceedings (not convictions and not only for violence, also for taking drugs or endagerment of traffic or insulting people) per match. The rise of that number results mainly from the use of flares, which is illegal under german law. Overall injuries and criminal proceedings are less than on the Munich Oktoberfest.
And the 200 arrested were mainly a Schalke Ultras group of about 150 during the Dortmund-Schalke derby. And Dortmund Ultras (though i hate them), never nearly burnt down their stadium

OK it was the Hamburg fans, my mistake, still though, hardly an advertsiment for German football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.