Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Best opponents this season in my view. They played to their strengths and we did well restricting them apart from a few lapses.

We wasted a few chances to get the killer second before they scored. Foden and Kev were brilliant. Pity a few others looked a bit off their usual game. Least we have a lead to take there and see the job through hopefully.
Agreed. Dortmund looking nearly as good as 2011. Fast team. Kev has been brilliant since the break with injury and is now scoring.

I agree, and it pisses me off when we produce such great approach play without any end product.
It's been going on all season, however we are still the top scorers in the Premier League.
Don't get me wrong I actually like the false 9, When we are at it playing that system we are so difficult to play against. Nights like tonight we needed a striker and I thought Jesus did a decent job when he came on.
The one that really got on my tits was when Walker did well to get through pulled the ball back and absolutely nobody in the box.

In truth, I think Bellingham's goal should have stood and we should have won 4 - 2. Today's result won't affect our approach to the second leg - albeit it will keep us on our toes.

I had to turn it down 2nd half. You can bet your last fiver this won't be a loss - it'll be setting things up for a 'magical' European night at klanfield. Thankfully I don't think we rely on such magic and home / away isn't that big a deal for us - just hope we put leeds to bed early with minimum effort.
I don't mind a discreet support for English teams. I can remember everyone getting behind Spurs in the early sixties and there has always been an unwritten convention that the media do that. But it should apply across the board. And it should not sound like hysterical women on Centre Court supporting British players who manage to win a match or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.