Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Tough game, as it should be, but we should have scored more. Real pity we conceded because I think so much of our defensive play; especially from the front was excellent.

Dortmund have a lot of pace so we have to be extra careful in the second leg not to give the ball away cheaply.

Typical chimps league game from us. There’s something with this competition that doesn’t sit right for us.

We seem to be better away than at home so every chance to get into the next round. We certainly score a goal at their place.

But their goal was always coming. Even though we limited their chances a bit more in the 2nd half.
And it’ll be all about the goal they scored and didn’t get.

From our players only Stones, KdB and Foden played at their usual strength.

I'll take that, more relieved then anything else. We tend to play better in away legs, have give Dortmund credit for the way they played, they made it hard.

Wrapt for Foden, onto next week now.

We won thats the important thing, got to put our chances away. Haaland would score a tremendous amount of goals for us.

Any win is a good win but my god we miss some chances. At this level you have to take them
Didn't enjoy a minute of that other than the goals. Got there in the end, but we looked maybe overly cautious, which perhaps is a lesson learned from previous CL campaigns. Looked good towards the end of the half though. If we can play even slightly better in the second leg, we'll go through.
All the opposition are bloody dangerous at this stage. Some caution I can understand.

Foden the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Leaving Gundogan on when he was blowing at 78mins was crazy and then of course it wasn't! Come on city!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.