Double Adverts

cleavers said:
Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
At the top and bottom of the forum? just me, or anyone else got these?

Sorry mate, that should be sorted now but please let me know if the problem re-occurs.
I'm getting them still Ric, and from work its actually blocking my access entirely at times.

Sorry about that mate. Could you try clearing your cache? Is it double ads as outlined in the OP, or the pop-up mentioned in another thread, causing the problem?

Ric said:
cleavers said:
Ric said:
Sorry mate, that should be sorted now but please let me know if the problem re-occurs.
I'm getting them still Ric, and from work its actually blocking my access entirely at times.

Sorry about that mate. Could you try clearing your cache? Is it double ads as outlined in the OP, or the pop-up mentioned in another thread, causing the problem?
Double ads have stopped for me in the last 10-15 minutes or so, without clearing the cache.

Daz_Blue said:
Damn commercials on every click....I clear Cache every 10 freaking minutes........ pain in the ass
Are you talking about the big one with the 5 second countdown? If so I'm guessing it knows if it's popped up today or not via cookies? If that is correct then every time you delete your cache you're in effect resetting the timer.
If it's not this you're talking about then I would suggest you've got some problems. Make sure that something hasn't included itself to a white list so it doesn't get deleted, CCleaner for instance has this option if you're using that to delete the cookies.

ColinLee said:
Daz_Blue said:
Damn commercials on every click....I clear Cache every 10 freaking minutes........ pain in the ass
Are you talking about the big one with the 5 second countdown? If so I'm guessing it knows if it's popped up today or not via cookies? If that is correct then every time you delete your cache you're in effect resetting the timer.
If it's not this you're talking about then I would suggest you've got some problems. Make sure that something hasn't included itself to a white list so it doesn't get deleted, CCleaner for instance has this option if you're using that to delete the cookies.

I get both ....big one and half page ones ......and they are all advertising how to fix pc problems.....only happens on bluemoon

Daz_Blue said:
ColinLee said:
Daz_Blue said:

I get both ....big one and half page ones ......and they are all advertising how to fix pc problems.....only happens on bluemoon
I've never had them on Bluemoon, it sounds like you've maybe got an annoying hijacker or cookie.
Start with removing any toolbars you've got installed and then close your browser down (presuming you've already got CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download). Just install CCleaner, not the additional software (pay attention to the messages, don't just blindly click) and click the 'Analyze' button on the 'Cleaner' tab and when it's finished click the 'Run Cleaner' button. Then go to the 'Registry' tab and click the 'Scan For Issues' button followed by 'Fix Selected issues...' button. You should use these 2 buttons until it reports no problems found.
Restart the PC. Hopefully that should sort any crap out (CCleaner actually means Crap Cleaner :) ).

Edit :- when installing CCleaner I would just leave the 2 bottom boxes ticked (it'll be obvious what I mean when you see it).
Also when using the 'Cleaner' option I'd leave all the option boxes set to default.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.