Douglas Luiz

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by bluesingh, 29 Jul 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He'd have had no problem getting in England's team.

2. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

Is there any point in buying player's who do not have work permits. If I recall correctly Steffen doesn't have one. I know he will probably qualify for one but I remember Enes Unal couldn't get one and ended up being sold (at a profit mind) without ever kicking a ball for us. It's a Catch22 as a requirement to play a certain amount of games or reach a certain standard of football might only be attained by actually playing for the best teams. Brazilians seem to have particular loopholes like declaring for Quatar, playing in Russia or using their Portugese ancestry

3. manlikepep

manlikepep

Bullshit you ask me. Not like it’s some fucking guy on 20k a year... They’re multimillion pound assets.

IMO it was targeted because it was us and I guarantee if he played for rags, he would have been playing this season.

4. George Hannah

George Hannah

5. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Not sure if the player is Brazilian or not but if it follows the Spanish pattern it may be possible he can have dual nationality with Portugal.
    My Spanish teacher is Ecuadorian but now that he lives in Spain he is allowed dual nationality.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel

Alas, I just don’t see that cutting any ice in any application. He hasn’t broken into the national team, let alone played numerous games, and that seems to be a criterion for awarding such permits.

7. richards30

richards30

I don’t even believe he was bought for the city team? CFG signing imo.

8. George Hannah

George Hannah

Pep was very upset he wasn't allowed into the PL last season as I recall but with Rodri about to join you may be right.

Dribble likes this.
  9. Kompany Car

Kompany Car

Realise we hopefully have Rodri joining but with Fern probably calling it a day in a year or so, he could make a very useful understudy.

Dax777 and Dribble like this.
  10. supercity88

supercity88

I think he was. We tried to get the permit for him and failed. He is seen as being a City player, or was...

Dribble likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.