'Dr' Sulaiman al Fahim (merged)

Re: Portsmouth owner Al-Fahim to sell majority shareholding

bizzbo said:
the guy leading the consortium he is selling too is Ali al-Faraj, who apparently is the source of the 5m loan that is being used to pay the players. he and his brother apparently bid for portsmouth back in august, but the Gaydamaks refused to sell to them, as Ali's brother is currently sueing Gaydamak senior. Faraj is well off, and on the face of it the kind of owner Pompey probably thought they were getting in the first place.

One theory would be that al-Fahim purchased the club knowing full well he would have to sell it, knowing full well that Faraj would jump at the chance to get his hands on the shares.

Say what you like about Al-Fahim, but if this pans out he will have succesfully fronted two complicated deals that took Premier League clubs out of the hands of extremely dodgy owners. In our case we ended up with the best sort of foreign owner imaginable. It's too early to say what Faraj's intentions are, but I can find no black marks against his name, and he does have the resources to run a premier league club.

The real mystery here is Storrie. He has made a concerted effort to paint himself as the club's saviour, a miracle worker, and has implied that he was the one who would finance the player wages... but I find it amazing that he has implied Al-Fahim has failed to deliver on his promises, within a month of the guy taking over. Doesn't this amount to him saying he allowed himself to be hoodwinked? Surely, as chief exec, he must have had more to go on than promises. Maybe he was put in this position against his will, but still, his account of events is a little odd, to say the least.

And he's still up for questioning along with Redknapp.

Maybe he was a middle man all along...stretching things along til the main people showed their hands.

CDN Invisable Man said:
how but how did this guy pass the "fit and proper" test....FA I wish I lived in your dream world

Doesnt this just prove that the corrupt FA lead by example! They prob got a back hander.

Re: 'Dr' Sulaiman al Fahim The Bullsh*tter ?

Oh look, hes selling a majority share, the guy is full of shit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2667079/Pompey-set-for-new-sale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -sale.html</a>

PORTSMOUTH are close to an amazing buy-out — just weeks after Sulaiman al-Fahim's take-over.

Fahim hopes to sell his majority stake to Saudi businessman Ali al-Faraj by tomorrow.

The Pompey owner said: "I decided to have two owners for the club for its sustainability.

"I don't know how much of a stake [I will sell]. We have to agree on the terms first."

Fahim — who is currently recovering from a kidney stones operation — is flying to London for talks tomorrow.

Pompey's financial woes were underlined last Thursday when the Premier League's bottom club revealed players and some board members had yet to be paid.

But Fahim insists he will pump £50million into Portsmouth, starting from the "third week of October".

Re: 'Dr' Sulaiman al Fahim The Bullsh*tter ?

Is there any chance that more sensible and sober businessmen and even royal persons are bankrolling the new takeover in order to maintain a positive image of the region on the global stage?

After all he has links to many wealthy people, some who we know well,

It's funny when we played Portsmouth I couldn't help but think he reminded me of Michael Knighton and so it seems to have turned out.

Re: It gets worse! Al-Fahim now in hospital in Dubai.

Dubai Blue said:
skybluekings said:
Portsmouth Owner Sulaiman Al Fahim Hospitalised In Dubai - Report
LINK:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...owner-sulaiman-al-fahim-hospitalised-in-dubai

Portsmouth owner Sulaiman Al Fahim is in hospital in Dubai, according to a report from arabianbusiness.com, where he is undergoing tests.

It is unclear as to what his specific health problems are at this time, though he has endured a heavy schedule of travelling recently.

The report comes in the wake of news this week that Pompey's players had not been paid due to complications arising from the lengthy saga surrounding Fahim's takeover of the club. They will apparently be paid in the next day or so.

A number of photos obtained by arabianbusiness.com apparently show the entrepreneur being treated by doctors, and sleeping in a room which appears to be an emergency ward, though he is not attached to any drips.

Fahim was last publicly seen at the CEO Middle East Awards in Dubai on Monday evening, where he seemed in good spirits, joking to reporters that he had collected “more air miles than a commercial pilot".
Wow, convicted crook Anil Bhoyrul continues to use his shit rag of a magazine as a personal PR machine for a glorified Ponzi scheme fraudster. Who'd have thunk it!!

I see in arabianbusiness.com they have a photo of his hospital wristband. You couldn't make this stuff up.

alfahim-hospital2_thumb.jpg

Dubai Blue said:
Pam said:
He's a flake. He once fronted his country's version of the X Factor. It's ClownWorld.
The Apprentice, not X Factor.

It certainly appears that Al Fahim was simply acting as a temporary front for Al Faraj all along as the bent arms dealer's son wouldn't sell to him.

Frankly its about the only explanation that makes sense although you would have thought Al Fahim could have done it with a tad more dignity and without the whole replica shirt wearing/oops my gall bladder burst nonsense. Mind you it was entertaining I'll give him that.

Perhaps he always just saw it as an opportunity to buy in and then sell on quickly at a profit? His one mistake being that the bridging finance required to fund it for the short time he intended to own it was not sourced solidly enough?

It all stinks of profiteering for sure - hope that Portsmouth come out of it without administration or points deductions etc.

Once upon a time

Portsmouth the fairy tail
Club sold for a hand full of kidney stones to be re sold for a hand full of beans
Ground to be renamed the beanstalk managed by someone called Jack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.